Abe slammed the long side of the tray into Austin's throat.

Hey there cuties! I'm back again with next part of Mind. Thank you to everyone who sent in their feedback. If you're just jumping in then yay! I hope you like it, I have plenty more coming, more parts and even more books. If you like it please vote and comment, and feedback is always welcome. 

Love ya!!

Playlist this time:

Rather Be by Clean Bandit feat. Jess Glynne

She's so High by Tal Bachman

Bad Guy by Billie Eilish

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, I meet up with Charlie again for the next two classes, the last one before lunch is with Harper too. We head to lunch where me and Charlie go to buy our food, as Abe and Harper find a table. I didn't anticipate it to be this simple to begin again, but compared to the others, I have a sense of belonging here, as if I have been a resident since birth. As a surprise, I found myself laughing more than I had in a while, thanks to Abe.

"People don't really give him a chance?" I ask as we wait in the long line, still thinking of how Mrs. Fleck would snap at any sort of noise from him.

"Abe? Most people are aware of him and his family. I suppose it's challenging to consider anything beyond that, so no, I suppose not. I'm surprised you did."

"Me?" I glance in her direction as I grab food for my lunch. "Why is that?"

"He's not the first impression type of guy." She shrugs, going to the line to pay, before she smiles back at me. "But I'm glad he did, I think you're pretty cool."

I smile with a laugh as I pay. "Thank you, but your'e way cooler than me."

"You didn't tell me you were an artist." Charlie says as we sit down.

"Because I'm not."

"Sure, you are! Last period, I noticed your notebook and you're really talented at drawing."

"They're doodles." I glance downwards with shyness at my nervous tick.

"Can I see?" Abe asks with a mouth full of his sandwich.

"I go to this art class that meets twice a week, Monday and Friday nights." Charlie cuts in before I can answer him. "It's free, but it takes donations, and you don't have to be an artist. It's one way the town tries to keep kids clean." She laughs. "It's mostly us inexperienced kids who struggle to find trouble, but this class is truly enjoyable, you should join us. I can't convince these two to come with me, but you should."

"Uh," I shift my attention to Abe. "Sure, that sounds fun."

Abe's eyes lift from me, following someone coming up to us. I turn as some guy in a letterman jacket making direct eye contact with him, when I turn back, Abe is methodically removing things off my tray.

"Leave it alone, Woods." Harper mumbles. "Austin isn't worth it."

"Honest Abe, I see they let you back in the school after last year." He slaps his hands on our table. "I swore they had enough of you, that's why Imma isn't here, right? Cleaning up your mess?"

"You're going to be a mess if you don't back up." Abe smiles his lazy half smile up at him, but his voice is a threat. "like last time, Hansen."

Austin's eyes flicker up, shifting their gaze back to Abe. "They're watching us." I turn to see two female teachers, Mrs. Fleck, among the two, getting the attention of a few male teachers. With a sense of confusion, my attention turns to Abe, and for the first time today, his face is devoid of a smile. "You're new." I shift my eyes up at Austin, who now has all the confidence. "You know, I don't normally like the darker meat, but for you..."