Who are you?

Welcome back once more cuties! I'll make this short, but thank you for the support in reading my story, and as always, if you like it please vote and comment, and feedback is always welcome.

Love you

Todays Playlist: 

I Don't Want to Be by Gavin DeGraw

Tongue Tied by GROUPLOVE

Creep by Radiohead

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We clean up our stations, and by the time we step outside five minutes later, he is waiting for us. We climb into the black, simple, but sleek car, the windows tinted darkly, nothing could be seen within. An older man smiles back at us as we slide into the back seats. "Hi, I'm Levi Raka. Tell me your names, please."

Once again, his peculiar way of addressing people catches my attention. Despite his unfamiliar accent, I dismissed it as just a part of who he is until our eyes lock. It's like he is taking me in, evaluating me.

"I'm Charlotte Burke," she says, her voice soft and slightly trembling. As I turned my gaze towards Charlie, a sense of unease settled in my stomach, forming a knot. I realized then, the discrepancy in her words. Just moments ago, she had spoken of meeting him multiple times, and now she is introducing herself as if they are strangers. The sound of my heartbeat filled my ears. Everyone referred to her as Charlie, all except my mom.

Something is off.

"Uh, hi. I'm Theodora Vidal, Thea."

"Yes, you must be the new family who moved down at sunrise. I ran into your mom after dropping you off. Nice mother you got."

I smile. "You should see her in private."

He takes the joke and laughs, pulling the car away from the curb. "You moved from California? You must miss it."

"Yeah, I had all my friends and my mom's family there."

"Not your dads?"

"My dad's mom still lives there, still in the house they bought when they moved up to America."

"Is it her?"

"Yeah," I shift uncomfortably. "My grandfather died when my dad was young, and both his siblings died before I was born."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

I shrug. "It's hard to miss someone I never knew." I gaze at the back of Mr. Raka's head. Despite looking younger, possibly in his early 40s, his wise and experienced mannerisms make him seem older than my parents. His eyes, like Nya's, had the same effect even though he was her adoptive father. Did multiple people have glowing eyes? I try to not let it bother me as we pull down my street, a few lights are on in my house. I see as Mr. Raka rolls down his window and types in a code in the box that opens the gate. Since the beginning, my curiosity has been piqued by this community. Houses rarely had lights on. If they do, it's mostly the house we are heading up to now. I saw people's silhouettes moving, avoiding the light. Despite myself, I shiver. One glance at Charlie clearly doesn't appear to pay attention to any of this as she spoke animatedly about school, her summer, and now me.

Mr. Raka pulls the car into the driveway and puts it into park, for a second, I expect experiencing that tickling sensation again, but it subsides as everyone gets out. I push open my door, looking down the hill at some figures gazing at us, a chilling sensation screams for me to run. Each had distinct glowing eyes, looking back at me with different colors. I hear Mr. Raka's voice, and when I turn back to him, the collective group I am with looks back at me.