His house is on Dead Tree.

And we're back with mine next episode, today we meet all of the Woodman Clan so buckle in everyone. A warning for next Wednesday part there will be a disclaimer, so please read my next note. Thank you for the reads, and as always love all of ya, and please vote and comment, it will really help me out.

Lettuce (little joke you ya) get to the playlist:

First Day of My Life by Bight Eyes

Don't Stop (Color on the Walls) by Foster The People

3am by Matchbox Twenty

Bend the Light by Acceptance

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the week went normally, I missed Abe the most on the bus rides, but I am eager to see him in class too. Charlie and I only briefly mentioned Monday night, and Harper found it quite odd, but Charlie paid no attention to our discussion. On Wednesday night, we caught a movie with Nya, and it turned out to be a typical movie night. I avoided topics I thought would set off the bizarre behavior.

On Friday Harper gathers all of Abe's work, and is planning on dropping it off to him, but she is called into work.

"Please, no." Charlie begs. "You are aware how much I hate going to his house."

"Well, I can't today or tomorrow." Harper tries to push the schoolwork into Charlie's arms. We are on the bus, and the two cousins sit next to each other in front of me.

"Where does he live?" I sigh.

Charlie smiles. "Oh yes, I think he'd like getting it more from you, anyway."

I can feel my cheeks turning red. "What do you mean?"

"Nothing." She takes the work and hands it to me, all the while with a wide smile on her face. "His house is on Dead Tree."

"Dead Tree? Street? Drive? What number?"

She shrugs. "I think it's just Dead Tree. And no number, it's the only house there."

The bus pulls to a stop, and the cousins get up. "Just follow the signs. Don't worry, no one has been shot yet, you should be okay."

"What do you mean 'yet'?"

"I mean, they don't know you."

"Charlie, don't scare her." Harper rolls her eyes, turning down the aisle off the bus. "See you Monday, Thea."

Charlie smiles at me, following her cousin. "You'll be fine, and I'll see you tonight."

The doors click shut after her. Deep down, I know he needs his work and, if I'm being honest with myself, I am excited to see him. I donn't truly know him that well, but he was the first person to make me feel welcome since I left my home, and he would do the same for me. So, I take a deep breath, exhaling slowly, determined to bring it to him. With a little effort, I put his work in my bag, and when I get off the bus, I do my usual meet up with my brothers who waited for my bus, then listen to their dumb ramblings on our walk home.

"You're such an idiot, a brick weighs more than a feather, in what universe would that be equal? Listen to yourself sometimes." Aaron raves up the driveway to our house.

"You're a moron, you're aware of that? I can't believe we were the same egg at one point. If you have a pound of bricks and a pound of feathers, they weigh the same." Caleb exclaims.