some cows need to hear the truth

A/n:some of you guys might not like authors notes heck I don't like them but at times they are necessary so please read this one. Ahem!!! This book might contain some cliche moments but well that's how I like it, it's plainly fictional and well nothing here is based on real events if so it's purely coincidental. Enjoy!!

**********
"Kaitlyn Diana Rhedhille, do you take Dallas Ryan Mcbrooks to be your lawfully wedded husband?" came the voice of the priest. Oh the statement that usually brought tears to the eyes. It was supposedly the day every woman dreamt off and today being my turn, it was a nightmare come to life.. My wedding day.

I turned to look at all the guests seated in the huge cathedral with rebellion evident in eyes. I guess the amount of people there could be about over a thousand, with reporters and photographers and what not, perks of being famous and wealthy. In the very first row, smack centre sat my parents. My father's hard glare on me, with his signature frown plastered on his face.

Honestly, I preferred to be fatherless than to be related to him, he was the most vile creature I knew and the reason for this marriage. He had this scowl on his face as if saying "you better do what's needed." My mum on the other hand was the typical do as your told kind of wife that was forced into marriage like my current situation, she wore a solemn look, she didn't say anything or rather couldn't do anything.

Tears formed at the brim of my eyes, not painful or sorrowful tears as some of you may have presumed_nope, my tears held anger and rage. I blinked them back and I directed my gaze to my supposed husband, he had this look of slight irritation as if to say "hurry up". Was I really going to accept this?, Was I really going to be forced into a marriage I didn't want to be in?, Would I be unhappy forever?.

Then and there I decided, it's my life and I get to decide what I do with it and who I end up spending the rest of my days with.

I suck in a huge breath and reply softly "no". "Excuse me?" Came the priest's voice immediately.

"I said no, I wouldn't marry this man not now not ever", I uttered louder, the flashes of the cameras were immediately seen. The guests erupted in huge gasps and my supposed partner was shocked to say the least but his most evident feature was anger.

I guess we were all annoyed today. Something we have in common_finally.

"How dare you!" he said through gritted teeth, "I'm doing you and your family a favour, what do you think you're doing?" he questioned angrily, in a hushed tone meant for my ears only but I guess the priest was eavesdropping judging by the look of confusion on his face. Wasn't there a commandment or law in the Bible that stated 'thou shall not eavesdrop".

I really don't know if there's anything like that in the Holy book but it should be a silver rule.

I looked at Dallas with a venomous stare, all he ever did was criticize,shout and hit me during our early stages of being together and well I'd had enough and I wasn't going to live in pain, my dad did nothing and even supported his behavior during those times, according to him a woman needs to know her place, part of the reasons I hated him.

"You're good for nothing" I spat back."my voice loud enough for everyone to hear. I don't know why it took me this long to talk back but I'm glad I did, "you're nothing but proud and a jerk and I rather marry a pig than spend another day with you _to hell with you",my eyes held seriousness and my stance meant I wasn't going to go down without a fight.

"Language child!!, You're in the house of the Lord" came the stern voice of the priest.

"Oh my bad father" I replied with little to no sincerity "But at times you just got to tell arrogant cows like the one in front of me the plain truth". I continued and smirked. The look on the priest face could only be explained with one word_gobsmacked