CHAPTER TWO

We are at the pack house where the ceremony is being held. We were a bit late because i couldn't find my second pair of shoe that matches the dress i am wearing. It is a simple royal blue gown adorned with tiny pearls. I was gifted by my mother on my sixteen year birthday along with some other dresses. Today is the first time i am wearing it.
You might be thinking that as an Alpha's daughter i am supposed to be pampered and well dressed. Well, i like to be simple sometimes. I hardly ever wear makeup and i don't mind wearing hand me downs.
Naomi and i both got our numbers. She was 50 and I was 51. Not bad for coming late.
"I guess i should go drop my bag inside." I said to Naomi as i began pulling my box.
"Okay be quick." She said already distracted by admiring the gowns of various maidens.
All females for the mapping were supposed to drop their luggage in a room at the pack house. The ceremony will be held outside After the ceremony,we will have an hour or two to say last goodbyes and different vehicles will convey us to our various destinations.
Upon getting to the pack house i saw Lothana, my brother's best friend
and the Beta of the pack. He grinned at me and headed my way.
"Hello princess. You look stunning as always. Happy birthday by the way"
"Thanks Lothana" I watched as he held my hand in his.
"You look sad. Everything all right?"
I sighed and looked away.
"Derrick didn't remember right?"
I nodded. "I hoe you didn't tell him?"
"I didn't. I knew you wouldn't want me to to. Don't look so down. He will come around and congratulations in advance." He winked.
I was confused. "For what?" I asked.
"You will find your mate soon." With a parting gesture he bend down to kiss my hand when a loud growl was heard from down the hall which made us both jump.
"Derrick! You scared us." I screamed but he didn't pay attention to me instead his mad eyes were trained on Lothana.
"Leave my sister alone Lothana." He boomed.
"What the heck? I only wanted to kiss her palm."
'You are making him madder' I told Lothana through the mind link.
'I don't know what is pricking him in the ass this morning' He replied.
I snickered aloud and Derrick turned his eyes towards me and it softened a bit. He walked closer to me and from the corner of my eyes I saw Lothana wipe a sweat from his brow as he scurried away glad the Alpha's attention has been diverted.
My brother grabbed my box from my hand like it weighed nothing and we walked quietly to the box room. He didn't say a word. He was scowling. He was stomping his feet and he didn't look the better part at all. His hair was sticking out in various places. His eyes were red. His shirt was rumpled. He had a stubble and he reeked of strong alcohol.
He opened the room,dropped my box and pulled me to sit on the sofa while he sat next to me.
"Derrick I..."
"Before you say anything." He interrupted. I half expected him to mention my birthday.
"I am really sorry for not coming home and being with you these last few days."
Or not.
"I understand okay? Don't feel bad." I held his arm in mine. "The big bad Alpha has a lot to do." I laughed in a feat to lighten up the mood but he didn't smile.
"I promised mum and dad i will take care of you." He said.
"And you are." I felt my wolf snort.
Finally. She had shut me out since yesterday.
'He really is Flora' That's her name.
'He has just been occupied'
'I know. I know. But he forgot our birthday' She said.
I sighed,not responding to her. I felt Derrick pull me into a hug and i crinkled my nose.
"I am going to miss you so much you little thing." He tickled me and i laughed."Finally meeting your mate. Whoever he is should be lucky to have you."
I froze. My fears coming back ten fold." What if he doesn't like me Derrick?"
"That's not possible babe and if he tries anything stupid i'm gonna kill him myself." He said. "Besides the mating bond will make you irresistible even though you already are."
I punched his chest playfully. "How do you know that? You have never been mated."
"Oh come on. Don't you see how Lothana acts around his mate?"He said.
"You look beautiful by the way. Is those not the dress mum gifted you on your 16th birthday?"
"Yeah" I watched for any sign of realization on his face but there was none. Strange right? What he said should have jogged his memory. I don't want to tell him. He should remember himself and if he doesn't, so be it.
"I miss her so much. I miss them so much." He said referring to mum and dad.
"Me too. I should... I should get going now Derrick." He looked at me and pulled me into a tight bear hug.
"Be safe Deraya." He looked like he wanted to say something more but he kept quiet.
"You too." I said, tears already blurring my vision.
"My little sweet wolf."
"My big bad wolf." That were the names we use to tease each other.
"I'll call hon."
"You sure will." I pushed him away. "Now go have a good bath. You stink."
"Awwn! You don't have to be so mean." Naomi must be frantically pacing by now.
"I am serious. You smell like you swarm in alcohol. Where were you last night?" I asked skeptically. I saw a blush creep up his face as he looked aside. Of course. I know where he would have been. His appearance gives it all.
"Don't worry. Your mate will come along this year." I said.
"I hope so." He sighed. He was 22 years and still Mateless. I know it's kind of bothering him. He is a man and an Alpha at that who needs a Luna.
"My sexual urges have been on the high lately. I needed to get out and calm my wolf."
I heard that happens to males when their mate is near.