CHAPTER THREE

"Deraya! What took you so long? I was just about to come look for you." Naomi yelled,dragging me to our seats.
     "I ran into Derrick on the way." I said.
     "Oh" She sat me down on my chair. "What did he say?"
     "He just wished me good luck and we said our goodbyes." I expected Naomi to say something like 'You should have told him it's your birthday girl ' but she keep quiet.
     She gasped "Oh look." She pointed to the stage where Lothana was preparing to get the ceremony into motion. "We are about to begin. You said you saw Derrick,he is meant to start the ceremony." She said.
     "He had to go have a bath. He stinks." Before Naomi could reply Lothana began his speech. Basically reminding us why we are here and what we are going to face.
     Although. Red crescent pack seems like the smallest pack in all of Europe, we are the most united. We all stood up to pledge our loyalty to the pack and the ceremony began.
     Numbers are being called from loud speakers and the person with the number goes into an enclosed area where the enchantress and the map is.
    Naomi was waving cheerfully to someone and I looked to see who it was. Lothana's very pregnant mate was making her was towards us.
     "Oh my my!" She began after settling her bulky self on an empty seat beside me. "Look at you too finally going to meet your Mates. You must be so happy."
     "I am more than happy Sheila. I have been looking forward to this day for a very long time." I said.
     Naomi leaned over so she could get a better view of Sheila. "How did it feel? Meeting your mate I mean. Didn't you ever think that he will reject you?" She said,looking at Sheila curiously.
     Sheila chuckled and looked across to Lothana lovingly as if on cue their eyes met and he smiled at her. "Actually, I didn't really think he would reject me. I had no cause to. From the first time our eyes met,I knew we would be together forever."
     "Awwn. That's so sweet. I hope my mate loves me." I said,staring dreamingly into space.
     "I hope mine would be tall. Taller than me I mean." Naomi said which earned a snort from both Sheila and I. She was actually taller than most male shifters in the pack.
     "So how is your pregnancy going? Is he giving you a hard time?" I asked,looking at her huge belly. She rolled her eyes and rubbed her tummy.
     "More like getting me fat everyday. I hope he does come along so I can be comfortable around Lothana. He says I am not attractive anymore. Is that true?" Sheila said ,looking a bit sad.
    Naomi rubbed her shoulders soothingly." Don't feel bad Sheila. He's just teasing you. It will be all over soon." She said.
     Sheila is about six months gone now. Werewolf babies develop faster than human babies. So by next month she should be due.
     "I am gonna miss you guys so much." She said giving me a side hug and putting Naomi's hands. "Be good and...oh before I forget." She rummaged through her handbag and brought out a package handing it to me.
   "Happy birthday Deraya. Sorry its coming late."
    "Oh,thanks so much Sheila." I said. She stood up,blew us a kiss and practically wobbled through the crowd to Lothana's side. I placed the package in my bag just as number 49 was called. Naomi is fifty.
     I looked at her and I could feel all the emotions flowing through her. Excitement,nervousness,hope. I held her arm reassuringly just as she was called. Since I was next in line I followed her to the enclosure and waited outside. While I was waiting a little girl  stood beside me. Well,I shouldn't say little because she should be at least eighteen years to he here bit she has such a small statue,I began to even doubt if she's truly eighteen.
     Naomi came out and if it was possible for her to be floating on a  cloud she would have. She gave me as signal with her eye that we would talk soon. I walked in to meet the enchantress cleaning the silver knife I'll use to pierce myself. She smiled at me as I positioned myself on the platform.
    "What's your name?" She asked.
    "Deraya. Deraya Chase." I answered.
    "Sister to the Alpha." She said more to herself than to me. She handed me the knife and I took a deep breath before I sliced my palm open and blood gushed out into the bowl. Surprisingly, I didn't feel much pain. The wound closed up immediately and she looked at me wide-eyed wondering why I healed that fast considering a silver knife was used. I've always wondered why I healed faster than other wolves too. I once asked my mom and the only thing she said was that I'm special.
      The enchantress carried the bowl and poured my blood unto the map. The map immediately absorbed all the blood and a second later  a spot on the map began to glow. "Silver Moon pack." I heard her whisper.
    "Silver Moon?" Silver Moon?! That was the strongest and most forbidden pack in all of Europe. I heard my wolf whimper as the enchantress looked at me and nodded.
    "Your mate is in Silver Moon pack." She confirmed. She held a band aid debating if she should put it on my wound or not. The wound has healed completely so there was no need. "Be careful child." I looked at her in confusion. She was about to say something else but clamped her mouth shut. Before I could ask ,the next number was called. "Good luck." She said and I looked at her skeptically.
      "Thanks." Walking out of the enclosure,I immediately spotted Naomi and we practically ran into each other's arm. "You go first!" We said together and burst out laughing.
     "I got Luna Gem pack,you?" She said.
     "Silver moon..."
     "Silver moon?! " She exclaimed loudly and people began to stare at us.
     "Naomi!" I whispered sternly. She immediately blushed and looked around. "Sorry. I am just so excited." Luna Gem pack which Naomi will be heading to is the second best pack while Silver Moon is the best. "I was hoping we will have the same pack but...oh well, the moon goddess chose it to be this way." She dragged my arm. "Come on. Let's head into the hall."
     "Why are you in such a rush?" I asked.
     "We aren't doing anything here are we?" I decided not to argue with her as we walked. The hall is where the main send off party will take place. "Naomi, you know j never dreamt of having a mate in Silver Moon pack. It's all just surreal." I said
     "Happy birthday to you." She smiled.
     "Yeah. This is truly the best birthday I have ever had."
     "Except the part where Alpha Derrick didn't remember right?" She said and laughed.
     "Why are you laughing? It's not funny." I frowned not just because of what she said but because the gall was dark and awfully quiet. That was weird. "Why is everywhere dark?" I asked Naomi bit she just smiled. Some thing was really going on. I was about to go back because I was mad at her when the lights suddenly came on and every one came out of hiding and shouted 'Happy birthday' to me. I must say,my heart skipped a bit and tears filled my eyes as I took in every details of the posters and banners, the cake and everyone's smiling faces. Even Naomi was smiling,that means she knew all about this.