-38-

One morning, Simran decided to visit her best friend Anushka to hang out, chill and spend some time with her. She had called Anushka and asked her to meet at the mall, which she had agreed to.

As she waited at the entrance, she saw Anushka coming but what most surprised her was Virat accompanying her. She waved at them, noticing them finally seeing her and coming towards her.

"Simran! How are you?" Anushka hugged her and smiled, moving back to introduce the guy. "This is Virat, I'm sure you know him. He was also bored, so he decided to drop in."

"Hey." He nodded, shaking his head. "I hope you don't mind."

"No, not at all." Simran smiled. "But I think you'd mind - we're going to go crazy."

"No worries." He smirked. "I'll leave you guys alone after a while - I have to meet someone here as well."

"Okay, that's good then."

As the three hung out, Simran began to realise Virat wasn't bad at all. Sure, the rumours weren't true - she knew that but for the rumours to be made, there had to have been a sliver of truth in them. The way Virat treated Anushka was also praise worthy, although you never know a person from how they behave in front of you.

Simran really thought Virat was a good guy back then. She also approved of the relationship between her best friend and Virat.

Maybe after a while, Simran could also have been close friends with Virat.

Oh, how wrong she was.

-

"Gia, get ready." Her mother came into her room and switched on the lights, making her wince from the intensity.

"Get ready for what?" She groaned out, pulling the blanket over her eyes. "I'm grounded, remember?"

"Turns out, there are worse things than having a tape leak." She hummed. "You're free to go to school but please, keep a low profile, baby."

"Nupur's scandal?" She hummed, sitting up on the bed and rubbing her eyes. "Gosh, someone has it bad for us."

"Therefore, be extra careful." Her mother grinned and walked out of the room, going to wake up her brothers.

"Thank you Nups." She muttered and got out of bed, stretching and heading to the washroom.

-

"Hello, guys. What's up? Why are we standing in front of the office?" Gia remarked as she walked up to her friends, who were all talking in hushed voices.

"Gia, babe you're out of jail." Anushka silently cheered, pulling her in for a hug.

"Nupur's inside with her parents." Virat said, pulling her into his side, one hand on her hip. "It's turning bad, real quick."

After 10 minutes, Nupur comes out, eyes red with tears or anger, no one can tell. "Bitch gave me a suspension!"

"Oh shit." Rohit muttered. "How many days?"

"A week." Nupur moaned out. "I'm out guys, I can't deal with this anymore. When I find the fucking idiot who did this, he would've wished he could have died before I got him."

"Calm down." Bhuvi said, rubbing her shoulder. "Go home, rest. I'll come to meet you later."

"Please." She nodded. "Keep me updated, guys."

"Will do." Ritika said, a look of determination on her face. "I'll miss you, babe."

"Miss you too." She hugged Ritika as her parents came out of the office, walking out. She followed him, turning around to wave goodbye before walking forward.