Imagine 9: To Court🌼 (Azrael)

Y'all I'm so in love with this character who hasn't even been officially INTRODUCED in Hazbin Hotel😭 so most of this will be NON-CANON!

Pairing: Angel of Death! Azazel! x Angel! Y/N

*Summary: Azrael is the Angel of Death, a creature of darkness and brother to Lucifer and Michael Morningstar. Being an Angel of Death amongst Angels of pure light, he tends to stray away from connecting with anyone else outside his brothers...though will his heart allow that?*

Azrael leans against the white stone wall, watching intensively at the pleasent conversation between you and his brother, Lucifer. The two of you have been talking for a few minutes now about Lucifer's grand newly made rubber duck.

What do you even see in him? Azrael thinks in his head.

Lucifer's awkward one moment and eccentric the next, his so called dreams and goals for Heaven's future is a price not worth paying for some dreams.
But at the same time, he finds himself confessing one thing.

He wouldn't even care less if...you weren't involved.
Now, ever since you suddenly appeared a year ago, Azrael can't help but feel that his world changed completely.

Going from not caring about what it is Lucifer does, to now literally stalking Lucifer whenever he's around you...it's weird.
It's...something he's never really felt before, this...emotion.

Azrael doesn't know what to call it really. Crush? Obsession? Infatuation?
Being the Angel Of Death, it should be the OPPOSITE! Someone with his title and position, he shouldn't even dare feel something towards an Angel of Light...

His darkness would only snuff your light out.
But it's harder then it looks--to let go.
It's the hardest thing he's ever done in his entire existence. And he's finding himself becoming a bit selfish.

Even while he stands here secretly watching you and Lucifer off in the distance, Azrael can't help but silently plead that you'll look his way, spare him a quick passing glance, or even give him a reason to smile today...

Though you do no such thing. Not yet...anyways.

A figure appears beside Azrael.
"She's out of your league, Azzie."

Azrael crosses his arms and grumbles. "Nobody asked you, Michael."

Michael lets out a little chuckle, playfully ruffling Azrael's head of black hair. "My own brother, crushing on that Angel."

"Shut up."

"Why?" Michael leans down, "you're blushing."
Azrael growls. "Shut up right now or else."

Michael laughs once more, obviously enjoying the fact that he's getting a rise out of Azrael, though the fun soon ends as Michael decides to be honest.

"And what if rumor is that she"--he points towards your direction--"likes you back?"

Azrael's eyes widen for a moment, before he laughs dryly. "Don't spread false information."

"It's not false," Michael smirks, "besides...Lucifer told me."

He rolls his eyes. "And you believe Lucifer?"
"Well," Michael shrugs, "Y/N and Lucifer are close friends, so whatever she tells him, Lucifer tells me, and demands that I don't tell..." He chuckles, "Lucifer can never keep a secret for the life of him."

Azrael exhales a soft breath, crossing his arms in a closed off demeanor. "Even so, God wouldn't allow me to... court her." He flicks a look at you, one that Michael can tell is longing.

Michael clasps his hands behind his back, passing a glance down at his lovesick brother.

"You really think so, hm? Even though God allows you to walk Heaven's grounds and live here while you are an Angel Of Death. Knowing this, you really think He wouldn't allow you to court Ms. Y/N?"

Azrael is silent for a moment, his mind turning at the possible chance he might have to woo you. Though one thing remains...

He sighs once more. "I am not...an Angel of Light."

Michael laughs, playfully picking a flower from a flower box beside him and passing it to Azrael with a nudge into his back to push him forward.
"Girls like bad boys," he winks, causing Azrael's eyes to widen and his cheeks to turn pink.

"Now go on and confront her finally!"

"No way! I--"

"Azzie?"

Azrael stops, flipping around to see the gorgeous angel that is you standing before him. Your hair seems to sparkle in Heaven's light, while your white wings flutter behind you with Heaven's gentle breeze.

With a nervous look, Azrael meets your eyes and clears his throat. Michael had already left, taking Lucifer with him so the two of you could be alone.

If this ends badly, I'm coming after both of them, Azrael says in his head.
You tilt your head. "Are you okay, Azzie?"

Azzie... that stupid nickname you picked up from his brothers.
A nickname he kind of hates, except when you say it.
He can't help but love it when you call him Azzie...

Clearing his throat once more, he suddenly pulls out the flower.
Well...here goes nothing.

"M-Ms. Y/N. I..." He shuts his eyes, and tries to remember the exact lines he's heard Angels use when they--in other words--ask someone to be there partner.

"It would...be my honor to have you, my fellow angel and good friend, as my... significant other and heavenly partner. With God's blessing--of course," he points out, nervously avoiding your eyes as he rubs the back of his neck.

"If God's blessing is given, I vow to be true, and loyal. You will be the only thing I see, the only one who will hold the key to my heart. And if I fail you in anyway, then I will face wrath and accept it."

He opens one nervous eye, only to feel a wave of fear flood his chest when he sees your stunned face, and how you're not speaking.

Azrael gulps. "Did...I go to far?"

You shake your head, a soft smile appearing on your lips as you take his flower.
In other words, accepting his proposal.

"Azrael Morningstar, t'would be my honor to be the one to stand beside you," you smile excitedly. "Through thick and thin, light and dark, your hand in mine, we shall walk forward..."

Azrael's blood freezes for a moment, before reality smacks him in the face as he suddenly picks you up and spins you excitedly.

"R-really? You're not joking right?!"

You laugh. "I wouldn't joke about this," you cup his cheek, before a smirk forms on your lips. "Sooooo..." You extend your arm, an invitation for him to take.

Which he excitedly does.
Hooking his arm around yours, he proudly walks with you down Heaven's main street, holding a smug gaze at the jaw dropped Angels who see your arm around Azrael's.

She's mine now...and I'll never let her go...not for Heaven or Hell, not for anything...
She...is the light in my darkness.

Thanks for reading!!!!