Chapter 8: Break up (Victoria)

Was I confused about how Brooke could possibly have know that that was going to happen? Yes. Was I upset that she did know? Absolutely not. 

I was actually pretty grateful that she found a way to know, because if she didn't, that stupid book could've fell on my goddamn head. Soon after the 'incident', Brooke left because she was tired. We only had about an hour left anyways, so now we were trying to find something to do. 

A few people had suggested truth or dare, while other people (only sky) wanted to continue playing never have I ever. It's unreal how little imagination we have. I mean, we're business students for fucks sake. Either way, now we're stuck with a very limited amount of game choices.

"How about, Victoria tell us about the time she was engaged?" Oh, I was going to kill Olivia for suggesting that. The worst part is that she knew the while story and she knew how much I wanted to forget it.

"How about, no." I'm insisting, there is no way I was going to tell it. They would have to try harder than that.

"Come on Vic, just tell us." Pleaded Tristan "it can't be that bad". Oh yes, oh yes it can. They were in for a hell of a story.

I quickly glanced at Zach just to see what he was doing and I saw him pushing his glasses up with his pinky finger. I had to admit, he was hot, but the glasses made him cute.

"Fine" I looked around hike pointing my finger at everyone "but no interruptions. The questions are at the end." They all nodded while a few of them mumbled an 'ok'.

"Ok, so" I continued "I was- almost seventeen, I know, I was young. Anyways, I met this guy named Josh. We dated for about a little over a year, and we had both said 'I love you' and we also-." I looked around and internally debated if I should say it or not. I guess not, it would be weird to tell them about my sex life. "Never mind, anyways, he surprised me on my birthday and proposed, I couldn't be happier, you know the whole, 'young and in love' thing. By the time he proposed I was a little over eighteen. We were going to college in the fall, and so he wanted to propose so that I was 'taken' and after we both finished college we would get married" 

I took a deep breath and continued, "obviously this is totally unrealistic but at the time I didn't realise it. His college was in the same state, just like, an hour away. Anyways, he had aced his exam so I decided to surprise him and show up at his apartment where he lived with a roommate." 

I gulped, this is where it gets heavy. I don't even know when Sophia moved to sit beside me, but she was there. She was rubbing my back in a circular motion with her hand. "If you don't want to talk about this we don't have to." She whispered "or I could say it?" She was a really good friend. That friend that always acted like the perfect shoulder to cry on. I just nodded. She got the message isn't away and continued.

"At the time, I was dating his roommate. Except it was more of a casual thing, he had left when we got in front of the building, so he gave us his key so that we could go in. We unlocked the door, except we didn't see Josh in the living room. We went down the hallway and towards his room. We had heard the coils in the mattress so we assumed he was about to nap. We were wrong. The first hint we saw when we walked in, was a girl on top of him, and I don't there is any other explanation necessary." She patted my back, and put her arm around me in a comforting manner.

"Let me guess," Tristan asked, and urned his gaze towards me. "He was the guy that Alex had to push off of you." I nodded. That was Josh alright. 

I swear I heard Jacob mutter "asshole" under his breath. He was right. He was an asshole, and I would never be able to trust him again. For me, trust is the most importantly thing in a relationship, and relationship, whether it's a friendship or any other type, trust is so very important. 

You can break someone's trust easily, while it takes a whole lot of effort to get it back. He was never going to get it back. Because, he isn't even trying, and some relationships are destroyed beyond repair, and this was one of them. 

There was no going back. Ever.

I guess you can say I have trust issues. And commitment issues. Well, not really, I just can't commit to anything because I'm scared they'll either leave me, or die. It's dark, I know. I guess I have abandonment issues. I have a lot of issues. But I also have a lot of positive things about me. I'm not going to start listing everything great about me because we'll never get to the end of that list. 

"Change of subject please." I couldn't stand to talk about this anymore. I was going to spiral again. I did it a few times before, when Ashe died, when Andrea died and when Josh cheated. I was never going to do that to myself again.

I quickly picked up my phone and checked the time. 

 10:50

Wow, time passes quickly. The cleaners were due to be here in ten minutes.

"Alright everyone, enough of the sad shit. You all need to go home. The cleaners are coming in ten minutes." Everyone got up and headed for the door. When we made it outside, everyone went into groups for each car.

In one car there was Tristan and Sky. In Jacob's car there was Layla, Scott and him. In another there was Alice and Mara, and in my car there was Sophia, Olivia and me. On the way here, Tristan and Sky rode with Alex, except he left so wasn't going to be possible.i made sure that I locked the doors and made my way to my car. I had a white Mercedes. It was a four person car, well five but no one ver sat in the middle of the backseat.

While I drove back to campus, I kept rethinking about how Jacob's Fiancée died, like, I was destroyed when mine cheated image just how bad I would've fell apart if he had died. I loved him.

Loved, key word. That love was long gone now, it has been for a while. 

***

When we got back to campus, we made our way back to our dorm, I decided to take a shower. When you were a freshmen, you had a shower in the hall, but as soon as sophomore and up, you had a full bathroom in your dorm. 

Surprisingly, Brooke wasn't in the dorm when we got there. As I made my way to my shower, I passed by my room to get my stuff. I had mildly curly hair so I used curl cream, moose and hair gel. And shampoo and conditioner of course.

I went inside the bathroom, and hopped in the shower. I turned the water on and made sure it was the right temperature before stepping under the shower head. I poured the shampoo in my hand and then put it in my hair. After shampooing twice I put conditioner and then waited two minutes. I then rinsed my hair and wrapped it in a towel.

About ten minutes later, I went into my room and took off my towel. I then flipped my head so that my hair was facing the floor. I put all the products in my hair then grabbed my hair dryer. I attached the diffuser and turned it on low heat. I proceeded to dry my hair, while making sure it didn't get frizzy.

After I finished drying it, I put some hair oil on my hands and ran my hands through my hair gently to separate the curls a little more. After that, I quickly whipped my hands to get the rid of the rest of the oil.

I made my way to my bed and took out Fourth Wing. It was a really good book and I was already like, four hundred pages in. I read for a few hours, and when I checked the clock it was four pm. I was feeling pretty energetic so I decided I was going to go to the gym. There was a gym about ten minutes away from campus by car. Even if the gym was in under five minutes a way with the car I would still take the car because usually, I leave the gym when I'm really tired, too tired to walk.

I changed into some high-wait seamless leggings and a navy sports bra. I also took a zip up sweater just in case it gets colder. I grabbed my gym bag that consists of a two litter thermos water bottle, a box with some snacks like granola bars, stuff like that. There was also a towel in it, a small box with some chalk, you never know. A deodorant and a small but of perfume. I made my way to the hallway and put on my sneakers. I flung my bad over my shoulder, grabbed my keys, and left

Comment

Vote

Follow

Stay awesome <3