20 ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ breached

─── ・ 。゚⟡ 🌑 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───

twenty

'This place'll be a lot different tomorrow.'

─── ・ 。゚⟡ 🌑 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───

Soldiers stand in front of closed doors, talking amongst themselves, oblivious to the threats that emerge.

Footsteps are heard, and one goes to check it out, but all three are tazed in record time, knocked cold in less than a second.

A figure walks past, a tazer gun in his hand, as the men can only watch and listen to their assailant, useless to the effects.

Outside of Arrakeen, the shield powers down, and so do the lights, leaving the Residency shrouded in darkness.

Leto peacefully sleeps, or so he seems to think. His senses come alive and prompt him to wake up, watching a flash of light move across the wall. He slowly gets out of bed without waking Jessica, looking out the window to find a light in the distance beyond the walls, far beyond the mountains.

Curious, he makes his way out of the room and down the halls, his steps slow and quiet, hardly making a sound. A soft grunt catches his attention, and his gaze finds a person lying on the ground.

"Hawat. Security." Leto softly says, a hand tapping the transceiver behind his ear. His voice turns to its normal tone as he receives nothing on the line. "Security."

Slowly, he makes his way to the living, activating his individual shield. Turning over the body, it reveals itself to be Shadout Mapes, wielding a stab wound to the heart as she chokes.

Her hand reaches out, breaching the shield to touch his shoulder, leaving a bloody handprint with a stifled grunt before she passes.

A dart is suddenly fired, penetrating the shield. Leto's hands reach back to grab it as the tiny thing forces itself through, leaving him finding nothing no matter what position he tries.

He stands, finding no one around in the halls, and the dart digs deep, leaving him paralyzed as he falls to the ground.

The person who fired it turns out to be Dr. Yueh himself as he kneels down.

Alarms blare in the distance, and Gurney peacefully sleeps before a lieutenant urgently wakes him.

"Sir. Sir." He finally stirs, looking up in confusion. "The shield's come down."

Every available soldier on the scene rushes out of the Residency with one goal in mind: protecting the family and the people.

Gurney slips on a jacket, looking up to find something in orbit. A colossal Guild Heighliner, and from that mighty ship a vast Harkonnen war fleet. issuing big frigates, fast gunships, and troop carriers.

"God in heaven," he says to himself. "Get everything with guns off the ground! Go!"

With that, every soldier, including Gurney, is racing to find weapons, ornithopters—anything to fight back.

A tower blows up with a huge explosion in the distance, lighting the night sky for miles. Other towers power up, bright headlights beaming at the enemy ships, illuminating where they are.

Something comes through the barrier and one of the buildings explodes in another explosion.

Slowly, but surely, Arrakeen is coming down.