i know you get deju vu

The doors opened to Music Room 3, a swirl of rose petals flowing out in a graceful dance, flying away like a flock of birds on a beautiful early morning. Behind them, there was The Host Club, dressed in late formal Edo era kimono's.

Headbands were wrapped around their head with real katana's strapped on their waist, waiting to entertain the guests that would walk through the door at any moment.

Tamaki stood out from the rest with his distinctive purple kimono jacket, the only one among them wearing it. However, Honey, Mori, also differed from the others, as they didn't have the long ponytail extensions reaching their mid-back like the rest of the group.

This was one of the few occasions where Shizuka got away without having to wear the costumes The Host Club were wearing. But it was only because he was tasked with taking photos of them for today as they were dressed like this.

"Welcome to the Host Club."

Shizuka clicked through the photos he already took, humming to himself every once in a while.

"Sunshine, it's been a while."

He looked up and saw Mei rushing toward him, giving him a gentle hug. He smiled and hugged her back, feeling any tension from his shoulders ease. Once he thought about it, it has been a while since he's seen Mei.

He pulled away from the hug, and just for fun, pointed the camera in the girls face. Mei laughed and posed, making peace signs with both her hands and putting them next to her eyes.

After the photo was taken Mei looked around the club room. "What a theme you guys have going on." she mused.

Shizuka shrugged. "I actually have no idea whose idea it was."

In that moment, Kaoru gasped, clutching his chest as he started to collapse to the ground. Reacting swiftly, Hikaru grabbed his brother's arm and pulled him back, resting Kaoru's head against his own chest.

"Don't die!" Hikaru pleaded softly to Kaoru.

"I-I'm done for, brother... let me go." Kaoru wept.

Excited girls crowded around them, their high-pitched squeals filling the air.

Mei raised an eyebrow at the sight.

"Not having us cast ourselves in specific roles was good advice," Kyoya said, writing something down in his black notebook. "Allowing the guests to just be free to fantasize on their own was truly a brilliant idea, Renge. I'm very impressed."

As he finished his sentence, his gaze moved over to Shizuka, then Mei. Kyoya gaze hardened slightly while Mei gave him a bright smile, waving at him teasingly.

"I told you it would work," Renge boasted, looking over at Haruhi, imaging her with her hair blowing through the wind and flower petals swirling around her.

Suddenly, the atmosphere changed when Mori sprung to his feet, and swiftly grabbed the su yari that lay beside him. He thrusted the sharp end of the weapon into the shutter door before him, causing the hosts to jump and flinch in surprise. Mei gasped and put a hand to her mouth while Shizuka furrowed his eyebrows and walked over to the scene.

"Mori-Senapi?" Haruhi gasped.

"Why the sudden lunge?" Kaoru questioned.

"You not getting enough attention?" Hikaru asked.

"Please calm down, Mori-Senpai!" Tamaki cried out, his voice louder than Hikaru and Kaoru's. "I know you're upset that you only have one line a chapter! Is that it!? I'm sorry!" he cried.

"No." Mori took the su yari out of the door and opened it. "We have a trespasser."

A boy was behind, probably having been narrowly missed being struck by the su yari since he was on the ground. His face was mean, eyebrows furrowed and his lips pulled into a firm frown. He had red hair that was tied halfway up in a ponytail.