✿ TO BE HIS LOVE ✿

6 K votes for the next chapter and also guys please do comments!

ALAIA

"Go away, Agastya." I rolled my eyes when he climbed on the bed with a tub full of popcorn in his hands.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry, Ma'am." He laughed but when I turned my face to him and narrowed my eyes, he tried to hold back his laughter. "I didn't know about it."

"Don't lie to me, you purposely left me alone in the room to bring popcorns. It couldn't be a coincidence that you left exactly at the same time when the jump scare was about to come in the movie." I complained.

"That's why I told you not to watch horror movie." He tried to pinch my cheeks which I effortlessly dodged.

"I hate you." I scooted away from him but instead he lay down while resting his head on my lap.

"But you love me, Alaia." He said, resuming the movie.

I smiled. "Yes, I love you."

He passed me a boyish grin and then we both shifted our attention back to the movie. I played with the mole below his lower lips and here's the thing, I find the urge to kiss it whenever he smiles.

My mind slowly drifted away from the movie and I began wondering that how it is going to be when he'll tell me that he's in love with me? Am I going to cry but then he said to me that can't see tears in my eyes. Am I going to smile wholeheartedly? I don't know what my reaction is going to be but if I've to talk about this particular moment where he had rested his head on my lap and we both are watching the movies together, I couldn't ask for anything more. This is surreal. It's like finally finding my home after being thrown out of my house.

There are things. Things that I haven't told him yet, things I don't even remember about myself but at the end of day, I want to tell him all. And it puts my heart at ease to know that we've got rest of our lives together to tell him all.

“Alaia.”

“Mhm.” I hummed.

“When I was around twelve or thirteen, I saw my classmates getting into relationships. They talked about how their heart pumps the blood faster whenever they talk to their crushes. One night, a random thought crossed my mind that I'm never going to marry because what if my heart doesn't pumps the blood faster? What if the girl I marry doesn't loves me? But see, Alaia, I married you with hope in my heart. I never thought that one such day will come when my heart is going to pump the blood so much faster around you that I'll start worshipping the ground you walk on. I never thought that one such day will come when I'll be loved by you. Maybe somewhere that idiot kid desperately wanted to get a beautiful girl like you, Alaia.” He said while playing with my bangles.

I blinked in amusement. “It's adorable to think that little Agastya had thoughts about his marriage.”

A soft chuckle vibrated through his chest. “I had almost forgotten about it.”

“You know there was this local food stall next to my house. I was quite young, maybe thirteen or something. This one time, I secretly went there to buy aloo tikki for myself. The worker was a young boy, probably of sixteen or so. I still remember vividly how much I felt bad for him. He was handling the shop in the scorching heat of June. I felt so bad for him that at some point I started getting a tiny crush on him because of the pity. When everyone used to sleep in the afternoon then secretly, I went to his stall but not everytime I had money to buy the food and I don't know maybe he sensed that I come everyday only to see him because he used to give me two golgappe everyday without asking for the money. But then few days later, his father came back to handle the shop and I never saw him again.” I shared a core memory of mine.