Chapter 61 - Greetings, Friend?

It was another yet boring day for Mocha without his buffed girlfriend around, he sat on the white sectional couch, neck craned to the ceiling above.

The werecat was basked in his boredom. Outside the opulent mansion that Felicia had conjured up for him in mere seconds, lay a thrilling rollercoaster and a sparkling waterpark, but even the excitement of these amusements had begun to wear thin for the feline man.

He rather wanted to play with the creator instead of the creations, he needed human interaction. He can't entertain himself alone in the vast realm, despite all of the endless possibilities of his lover could give to entertain.

He rolled onto his back, burying his face into the pillow. Earlier that morning, Felicia had left as the sorcerer he despised the most had sent him a letter inviting her to hang out. Mocha urged to go with her, but Felicia denied his request, citing safety concerns.

Zephyr soared in through the kitchen window and perched gracefully on his wall-mounted stand. The bird of prey tilted his head as he saw Mocha, squawking a sound to get his attention.

Feline ears perked up at the sound, Mocha lifted his head to see the bird near the fireplace. "What do you want, bummer?"

"Caw!"

"If only you didn't pick up the letter from that bastard, Felicia would be spending time with me today." He rolled his hazel orbs, smashing his face back into the soft pillow. It's not like Felicia hadn't been spending time with him, she does it every day.

But a cat needs his daily playtime or else it wouldn't be happy, would it? There were the times he would barge into Felicia's garage when she was building something new, slam the door open when she was writing on her desk, and even sneak to her bedroom for a cuddle.

The man couldn't leave her alone, the devotion was too much to contain. Mocha wondered if Felicia was sick of his attachment, he hoped that she did not feel that way when he purred into her neck and nuzzled close. Clinging like a caterpillar on a leaf.

Zephyr didn't make a sound after that, rather ignored him as he rested himself on the bird stand.

Furthermore, Mocha could never disobey Felicia's orders, something he had developed in the past months of their relationship. Mocha knew too well the creator was always one step ahead in knowledge, despite him being the smartest traveler as he gained knowledge every second he walked.

Nevertheless, an immortal creator knows more than a half-mortal. And he didn't want to be a burden either, after what the creator had done for him.

Mocha craved for an adventure to cure his boredom. Though reluctant to travel alone after being mistreated at the anti-immortal village back then, he found in his heart that he was willing to embark on a journey with Felicia by his side, knowing she'd always protect him.

Drowning by boredom, subtle knocks on the door made the grey clouds in his head disappear. Mocha's ears and tail stood tall, excitement luring in his emotions for he knew his lover had returned home.

He scrambled on his feet, sprinting towards the double door to open and greet the creator like an obedient, devoted partner.

"Felic! You're-"

Eyes round, the one who stood taller than him was not the creator.

"Back..."

Mocha was met with a similar golden eye, but this one's was lighter and full of glimmer, unlike Felicia's dull eyes. His neck craned up, he seemed a few centimeters taller than Felicia, Mocha was swarmed by the sudden similarity between the man and his lover.