19.

*Malaak narrowed her eyes at him looking directly at him she spoke*

Malaak : "Seriously, are you oblivious or what? He's my brother! And when did I ever mess with you? It's always you crossing my path like a persistent black cat."

Yoongi : "First of all, I'm not just any cat. Secondly, if no one else is allowed to touch you, why him?"

Malaak: "For heaven's sake, can't you understand? He's my brother, my own blood. He has every right to touch me."

Yoongi : "Why did you threaten me when I accidentally touched you? Even if it was just a mistake?"

*His questions seemed rather clueless, and though he wasn't intentionally trying to cause trouble, something inside him twitched when he witnessed her brother kissing her forehead. She sighed in annoyance and spoke, her voice carrying a hint of annoyed in her voice.*

Malaak : "Listen, you boiled dumpling," she began, her tone a mix of frustration and amusement. "In my religion, only my mahrams—my brother, father, and future husband—are allowed to touch me. They're blood relatives or will be, which makes them mahrams. Everyone else? Haram. Got it?" Her explanation held a certain allure, even in its straightforwardness.

Yoongi : your husband is also na mehram for you. Why he is allowed to touch you?

His relentless questioning was becoming exhausting for Malaak, especially so early in the morning. Despite her weariness, she maintained her composure and responded to his inquiries with grace and poise.

Malaak : In Islam, a husband is considered a mahram (or mehram) for his wife based on the teachings of the Quran and Hadith. The concept of mahram refers to a person with whom marriage is permanently forbidden due to close blood relationship or marital ties, which eliminates any possibility of sexual relations.

The Quran mentions mahrams in Surah An-Nisa (4:23-24), listing individuals to whom marriage is prohibited, including close relatives like mothers, daughters, sisters, aunts, and nieces. Additionally, verse 4:25 allows marriage to "what your right hands possess," which denotes female slaves.

*Further she spoke*

Malaak : In Islam, the concept of mahrams (or mehrams) and non-mahrams is based on the principles of modesty and protection of women's privacy and dignity. Mahrams are close relatives (such as fathers, brothers, sons, and husbands) with whom marriage is permanently prohibited due to blood or marital ties. They are allowed physical contact with Muslim girls or women because they are considered safe and trustworthy individuals who pose no sexual or marital threat.

On the other hand, non-mahrams are individuals with whom marriage is permissible according to Islamic law. Contact with non-mahrams is restricted to maintain boundaries and prevent potential impropriety or temptation. Islam emphasizes modesty and respect for women's privacy, encouraging interactions with non-mahrams to be conducted with decency and appropriate boundaries.

The guidelines regarding physical contact are derived from Islamic teachings, which emphasize protecting the honor and chastity of women. The distinction between mahrams and non-mahrams helps uphold these values within the framework of Islamic principles.

*As she explained the concept of mahrams and non-mahrams in Islam, he absorbed each word with a growing sense of realization and longing. With each detail she articulated, a pang tugged at his heart, underscoring the profound significance of her words.

The realization that he could never touch her in the same way her mahrams could—those trusted, closely related figures ordained by Islamic law—deepened the ache within him. It wasn't merely about physical touch; it symbolized an unattainable closeness, a barrier set by tradition and faith.