Exclusive Sneak peek

*This is an exclusive sneak peek of published Book *

"I love Coachella!"

These are the words that spill out of my mouth as soon as we step through the doors of our house. I knew it'd be amazing, but I literally lose my breath at the sight of the rock-pool water feature built into the entrance, water spilling into a sparkling blue pool that wraps around the floorplan, running through each bedroom's private sun terrace and onto the back patio, where we're surrounded by hills and a beautiful view of the valley.

"This is what I'm talking about, baby! Check out this place!" Maya drops her bags on the huge fluffy carpet and spins in a circle, linking our arms together and jumping with me excitedly when I do the same.

Jessie's jaw drops. "It's as big as a freaking hotel!"

"Just for us," I tell her proudly, glimpsing the twenty-seater dining table piled high with PR packages and complimentary gifts. My partner for the cosmetics company set up a cute balloon arch, a full bar cart resembling a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, and personalized gilt-framed photos of me and Maya hang from the walls, interspersed between expensive-looking contemporary art pieces.

"Fuck, yeah," Val enthuses, kicking off her sandals and untying the white kimono she wore on the drive over. "Ugh, don't you just love a fully stocked bar."

Shrugging the kimono onto the floor, she busies herself mixing drinks for us, laughing when Tripp walks in behind us and does a double take at Val in her bright-yellow strapless bikini. His crush on her could not be more obvious, and I would love to see Val with a great guy like him. They have undeniable natural chemistry if only either would be brave enough to just admit it and put a label on it. I make a snap decision to make sure the two of them spend as much time together as possible over the course of the festival.

"Now I know why your luggage is so damn heavy," he says with a low whistle, rolling the Louis Vuitton suitcase inside and dumping an armful of designer purses and a duffel bag beside it. "You couldn't have even worn one outfit for the ride out here?"

"He's saying this like he hasn't been eye-fucking you through the kimono the whole time," I joke with a wink at them both, checking to make sure our driver's all good with the rest of our luggage before heading farther into the house.

"Okay, I call dibs on the room with the waterfall shower," Maya declares. "I don't know which one it is, but I need it."

"I'll take any room," Jess says with wide eyes, strolling trancelike around the villa as she takes it all in. "Seriously, I'll happily sleep on the couch if I have to. I'm just thrilled to be here."

"Your bed better be big enough for us all to fit inside it, Princess," Val calls to me as I follow Jessie. "I still want my bedtime lullaby!"

"Lullaby?" Tripp asks, confused, but Val only dismisses him with a wave of her hand.

Once we're decided on our rooms, Val and Tripp spend some time in the pool while Jessie helps Maya take pics out in the golden-hour light. I change out of the sweatpants I traveled in and select a white couture one-piece and a pair of Oran sandals, snapping a photo in the floor-to-ceiling mirror of my en suite bathroom.

Me: You still coming? Waiting <3

I attach the photo to my text and send it to John, scrolling back through our messages to find the last one he sent me eight hours ago, while we were waiting on him to arrive at my apartment back in LA.

John: Something came up at the studio, baby. Gonna be delayed

John: Head to Coachella without me. I'll get a ride with a friend