Kind Of Mine

Chapter Twenty Two
Eric's POV

Faith looked as if she had seen a ghost, not recognizing her best friend anymore as Ronnie and Layla shoved both her and Henry into chairs on either sides of Preston.

Slight gilt bottles up inside of me, not foreseeing Rosie having to murder the one person she cared about the most. I personally was never going to make her face a problem such as this. I'm no asshole. My feelings towards Faith are nonexistent, but given Cory's reaction and his love for her...I had to say something that could cover up any emotions anyone has about her, take them away.

The silence in the dusty air between us was suffocating, each of us waiting for another person to say something first.

"I've been fucking Faith for a while now..." I spoke up, making all heads turn in my direction. "We both have." I nudge Cory who is perplexed next to me "Good to know I won't be adding yet another charge if I get caught up."

Layla can't help her snicker that she attempts to muffle with her hand. Kale doesn't mind, he smirks over at Layla, fining this just as amusing as she is. "Sorry, it's just so fitting." Layla apologizes through a laugh. "Why wouldn't Faith fuck her best friend's boyfriend's brother and his best friend. At the same time. Neither of them knowing."

Faith had turned a few shades paler, embarrassed and ashamed of her behavior now that it has came to light.

"Oh I knew" I raise my hand with a grin, giving Cory an insincere, apologetic shrug. "I was just taking advantage."

"So you're just a whore?" Cory asks with a scoff, crossing his arms over his chest with a shake of his head. "I should've known better. Everyone says it but my dumbass actually liked you."

"You stupid bitch."

Rosie Mae had finally interjected herself into the conversation. Her expression is no longer unreadable...it's filled with anger and jealousy. That wasn't my goal in dishing out this information...but it is to my benefit. Seeing her rage over being jealous of Faith and I only turned me on more by her. It's all the more examples I need as to how I know she likes me.

Through patience and time...she will be mine.

"Before we make any rash decisions..." Kale stops Rosie Mae. "I haven't even told you the best part of this. You have a big choice to make, Rosie." He motions to the three cuffed and sitting in front of him. "Preston works for me and is a thief. Henry just benefited by smoking my product that Henry stole. Faith here is your best friend...who is fucking the man you're in love with."

I catch sight of Rosie Mae swallowing at his words hitting home.

"Two will die tonight and one will live." Kale explains. "This is where your choice comes in. You can pick any of them you want to live, Rosie. Who will it be?"

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!" Faith finds her voice, booming through the abandoned building.

"Shut the fuck up." Rosie sneered instinctively before regaining her composure, taking a deep breath. "It's initiation night." She then answers Faith. "And I'm afraid your chances of survival are extremely slim."

Faith was a decent friend to Rosie but it was evident that Rosie cared more than Faith did. "You guys have the nerve to call me a whore when Rosie is the one in love with Eric while dating his brother! How hypocritical is that?!"

After hearing Faith's harsh input, Rosie sauntered over to me, white dress rippling as she does. I ached to touch her as she lifted the front of my shirt, keeping her eyes locked in on mine as she removes her brand new gun from the waistband of my jeans.