Part 4 "The Slums" - Chapter 1

Zplight hid her notepad in her UFO, and climbed out. Phew. Zplight walked backwards, and walked into Fuzl. Ow
.. "Watch where you're going, IDIOT." Zplight hissed. "Zorry, you Moody Gnarp." Fuzl rolled xyr eyes, and boarded xyr UFO. "Oh, you're done refuelling it?" Zplight walked towards it. "Yerp! Zhould lazt uz the whole trip." Fuzl grinned. "Alright..." Zplight boarded the UFO, and Fuzl followed, closing the hatch. "Thiz trip zhould take uz at leazt an hour or zo." Fuzl told Zplight. "Yeah, I can handle an hour. Why? Expect me to puke all over you?" Zplight snapped. "Uh, NORP! Thatz GROZZ! You'd never do that, right?" Fuzl grinned, but slightly frowning. Zplight groaned, and sat down. Fuzl started the UFO, and hovered it across the sky. "Im gonna zleep..." Zplight said to Fuzl tiredly. "Okayr! Get a lot of rezt. Imma autopilot thiz. I need rezt, too." Fuzl smiled, and lay down on xyr chair. Zplight drifted to sleep, but was standing up suddenly. Where am I? Zplight walked around. Oh, thiz muzt be my old village. Zplight spotted two familiar blue shapes, and went closer to them. "Mama! Mama! Mama!" Young Zplight shook her mom happily. "That uzed to be me?" Zplight wrinkled her muzzle in dissapointment. "What iz it, Lighty?" Her mom turned to her. Lighty...? Zplight cringed, but felt warm. "Can I go out and plaaay?" Young Zplight puppy-eyed her mother. Eugh.. Why waz I like that!? Zplight wanted to scream and lash out, but held it in. "Ehhmm... Zure. Feel free, I need to do ztuff." Her mother went back to washing dishes as Young Zplight squealed. Young Zplight went outside and played with a ball, made out of rock. She was kicking it around with her paws, tails, whatever she could kick it around with. Zplight went a tad bit closer, and almost yelped because of the loud sound nearby. It was a ship landing. A big one. Zplight panicked. Zplight had a lot of noisy thoughts, and she blurred them off. Run, pleaze, RUN.. Take your family, take everything. Or... Or... You'll loze them. Zplight panicked, but she couldnt do anything. Zplight was frozen, she couldnt move anything. The ships door opened, and a few Geebles came out. They were heavily armed, and they were attacking every Gnarpian in sight. The village was chaos, it was engulfed in panic. Young Zplight hid in the alleyway, yelping. She saw a bunch of Geeble soldiers enter her house. She panicked, trying to struggle out of her frozen state. Come ON kid... DO ZOMETHING! ZAVE YOUR FAMILY. Zplight panicked and struggled, trying to reach out for her mom. She then heard a loud BANG! The Geebles then went back to their ship and it flew away. Zplight was free, and she darted to her home. "Mother?" Zplight barely whispered. Zplight walked further, and she saw her mother, lying unconscious on the ground. Zplights whiskers flicked, and her tail quickly went up. Young Zplight ran inside, seeing the scene. She shoved Zplight aside and hugged her mom. Zplight heard muffled sobbing, and she felt a stabbing pain of sadness, guilt, and anger. Young Zplight then looked at Zplight, and sniffed, with tears rolling down all three of her eyes. Zplight woke up, panting. What the gnarp... Zplight looked around. It looks like they were still far, and she quickly went back to sleep.