The Challenger

Sometimes life is a challenge that we have to face every day. No matter where you are, life will take its toll on a person that nobody expects to be. Then yet, we are able to find the beauty of life within those challenges and in life itself. It is not hard to see; you just have to find it. Remember, you have to look for it around the corner.

            It was a beautiful sunny in the beaches of Hawaii, where a girl name Marina is surfing the waves on her favorite board. The board is long and modern and it is also the luckiest board that Marina has. Marina has blond hair and knows her history inside and out. Besides putting her nose in the books, Marina likes to surf the waves of Hawaii. She is the youngest surfer at twenty-two years old in town.

            She was getting ready for the greatest tournament of all time which is called the Phantom Surface. Marina sees the waves and turns around. When the wave came, Marina got on her board and starts to surf the waves. Her hair blowing in the wind and the sprinkle of water from the waves went on her hair. Marina was in heaven when she is on the waves.

            On the waves, she did tricks that would impress the judges for the competition. Once the waves have finish, Maria went back to the beach where her grandfather's beach house is. The beach house is large and has modern glass windows where they can change into clear glass during the day. During the night, the windows change into shades of darkness.

            The beach house has a metal deck that has glass railings where you can see the sunset. The floor of the whole beach is made out of heating tiles. Everything in the house is modern. Marina arrives at the warm sands of the beach and saw her grandfather practicing his balance.

            She walks over to him and said ''Grandpa why are you practicing your balance?'' ''Well, balance is good for the appetite'' her grandpa said. ''Funny grandpa'' Marina said as she went inside. Marina went to her room and changed in her daily clothes and went to the living room to watch T.V.

            Marina opens it up and saw the news about the competition. ''What the...?'' Marina said curiously. ''The weather for the tournament for Phantom Surface will be dangerous. To all surfers out there be careful. Fog and sunny skies are going to be rolling around the island'' the news reporter said on T.V. Then, her grandfather came in and said ''Marina do you want anything to eat?'' Marina said no to her grandfather and he went into the kitchen.

            Marina looked down to their modern glass table and saw a photo. She took it out of the table and holds it in her hands. Marina looks at the picture closely and saw how her picture is in there. In the picture, she also saw her grandfather and two other people. One person was holding Marina and the other one was standing by the female and beside was her grandfather.

            Marina went to the kitchen and said ''Grandpa look what I found under the table.'' The grandfather turns around and saw the photo. He opens his eyes very wide and said ''You should not have found that.'' ''Why grandpa?'' Marina asked. ''You're better sit down for this one'' her grandfather said.

   The grandfather prepares the tea for both of them and went to the table to sit down beside Marina. ''You're father, mother, and I came from a world that is chaotic, but magical. The royal family that conquered the land vanished 200 years ago. Since then, chaos started and darkness took over the land and most of the magical creatures escaped the chaos. This is where you were born. After your mother gave you birth, your parents were captured by the darkness. It was my responsibility to protect you'' her grandfather explains. ''Do you know where there are?'' Marina asked. ''Nobody knows Marina'' the grandfather said.

  ''In the tournament you have to have to be careful cause that Island you are going to has a portal to the darkness'' the grandfather said as he got up and went to his office upstairs. Marina went upstairs to her bedroom and went to grab her cell phone. She receives a text from Cecilia to meet her at the cafe in downtown Hawaii.