The Game

"There we have our principal! Sir, what do you think about the game so far? Does the staff represent their teaching abilities in the way they play soccer?"

"I'm sure my colleagues try their best to keep up with the students' team, but it'll be hard to catch up on those two goals."

"Smooth, Sir, no one noticed that you avoided the more interesting question! Well, who else likes to announce their opinion? The game is currently going slowly, so we have nothing to annotate. Oh, the Very Reverend! What do you think the teachers' team can do to change the outcome of this match? - other than praying of course!"

"I'd like to see a bit more action on the field!"

"There you've heard it! Dear players, set yourself in motion, come on, it's the last game of the day, and the only one for you teachers, so give us something more! I'll hand the mic to Liz now, and I'll make my way to the field to get a statement from the players who have yet to be exchanged!"

"Thanks Mac!", I cheer into the microphone. "Is it possible that the teachers are already exhausted? The students were playing the whole morning, and this team was already six times on the field! They are the best of all - they won five times - and now they are on a good way to defeat the teachers! I want a better mood here, student body cheer for your team!!"
They actually started clapping and screamed the players' names. It would have been really awkward if nobody had reacted.

"Nick is on his way towards the teachers' half, he took out 'the bitmaster' Mr. Phil and passed now 'Haraldinho' Mr. Harald Deut! He makes an attempt to shoot! Ow no, way too high, you almost killed that bird Nick!" The students who bounced up in excitement sat down again.

"Mac, have you arrived on the sidelines?"

"Yes, I'm down here! Mr. Carstairs, what is your tactic?"

"We're trying to make the boys tired, and then we'll strike!"

"Yeah, sounds nice, but you do realize the time's running against your team right now! Oh, it seems it's your turn on the field, Sir!"

Mac doesn't continue, so I take over again. "Mr. Jason Stan hasn't been exchanged yet, Mac, can you find out what's his opinion so far?"

I see Mac jogging along the line towards the remaining teachers. "Did anyone notice Mr. Stan looks a bit like Jude Law? He has these slightly curled hair and sometimes even the same facial expressions!"

I can't see Mac's face from this distance, but his smile is clearly audible as he speaks again. "Jude Law, huh? Someone has a crush there?"

"What gives you that idea? But Jude Law is HOT!"
Well, I don't really think that, but I can't scream around that I think Jason Stan is hot, when the whole student body AND the teachers, including our principal, can hear it. So I used the safer way.

"Nice to know, Liz! So, Mr. Stan, your thoughts on the game?"

"Jude Law, really Liz? But it's okay, I think you're hot too!", Jason Stan smirks into the mic. What the hell are you doing there J?! "But, to get the topic back on the game, I think we're in need of a goal now!"

"More like two or even three, if you want to win this game", Mac adds. "And it's up to you now, you're needed on the field Mr. Stan! Put some music on, Liz!"

Music, yes, that's a good idea. I don't think I could speak right now. Why did he say that in front of everyone?! I'll talk to him about that later, right now I just want to watch him play soccer. He's fast, and full of energy. But it's almost certain that the students will win. They are really good, all of them are playing in a real soccer team, but it's a great performance nonetheless, they haven't played in this formation before.
The goalkeeper of the teachers' team just picked the ball up, and shot it far in the students' half of the field. I can't really make out who took the ball, untill I see the number on his back. 8. Come on, get me a goal, J.! It wouldn't change the result, but one goal for the teachers would be nice too.

A lot of people are gazing to the top of the platform. Towards me. - Wait, I didn't say that out loud, did I? I throw a quick glance to the pricipal, who has a little smile on his lips. Good, he obviously didn't hear it.

Then I look back at the field again. Jason is right in front of the students' goalkeeper! And there, he made it. Everyone is cheering, but only because they know that the students' team is winning anyway. And I cheer the loudest. He did shoot me a goal. He takes the congratulations from his team members, but then looks straight at me. He joggs down the field, and as he comes closer, I see a big smile on his face. He's not coming up here, is he? Ugh, I feel my face heating up, but still smiling because of that amazing goal. He races up the stairs and stands right in front of me. I can't do anything against it, I'm gravitated towards his eyes, that are sparkling from joy and excitement.

"I got you a goal", he says, breathing heavily.

"Yes, you did.", my smile growing even bigger.

In a swift movement he pulls me to his chest, our lips almost touching. You won't do that. Not a second later, he presses his lips softly to mine. He tastes so sweet, and his happiness is conferred through this kiss.

I slowly pull away, resting my forehead on his.
"Now we're screwed. The board is going to fire both of us. Why did you do that?", I whisper.

"I talked to the principal yesterday. We're good as long as you're not in my class. And to answer your question.." He brought his hand to my cheek, forcing me to look him in the eye again. "I did that, because I don't want to hide us any longer. You belong to my side, and I want everyone to know that."

"You want that? Well, you're lucky it's what I want, too.", I tell him and kiss him forcefully, while wrapping my arms around his neck.

The final whistle goes off. 2:1 for the students. And definitely a win for me and the man I'm embracing.

----

Thank you so much for reading this one-shot! Please let me know what you think of it!