Prologue.

No One's Point Of View.

A loud scream, got the attention of the little boy. He slowly got the bat that was near to the white wooden door, taking a quiet step at a time to reach where the screams were at.  Twisting the door knob, a pain of fear washed all over the little boy face. Searching the whole entire room, to see where the scream came from. His eyes spotted at the glass door, tightening the grip from the baseball bat. Slowly he walks up to the door, his eyes move up and down from the door knob. Another scream came behind from the door, he suddenly got the guts to open the door.

Seeing his mother and his step-father, made him curious on what's happening. His mother kept pushing his drunk step-father, all the force she had couldn't stop him from touching her. Instead of fear, anger start to build up. "Hey, get off from my mom." Anger and disgust went through every word he said. The drunk step-father, rushed over where the little boy was at. Clearly the step-father was too drunk, that he didn't notice the bat that the kid had in his hands. In a blink of the eye, the step-father was in the floor with a concussion. The little boy dropped his bat and went straight to his mother.

"Mom, are you okay?" Questions went through his head. His mother just nodded and kept looking at her second husband. Guilt wash all over the kid's face, he knew that his mother would never forgive him for this. "I'm so sorry, Mom. He was touching you and I notice you didn't like it. I'm just sorry." After what he said, his mother just gave him a look. "Get out of my house!" His mother pointed at the glass door, she didn't forgive him after he protect her from his step-father.

Making a small nodded, and start to make his way to the entrance of the glass door. "I was just protecting you."

                                              Colette Point Of View

The door flew open, looking up from the book, father came rushing like he's seen a ghost. Furrowing my eyebrows, in a second that he arrive; he grab the remote and switch to the local news channel. "Breaking news! After 8 years, Alejandro Montes has been released from Colin County Juvenile." After the reporter made her statement, father turned off the television. Silence filled up the room, question went through my head. What happen? Why does father have that look? Many questions filled my head, but knowing there's going to be answers soon or later.

Staring at my book, not knowing what to say to father. Closing my book, giving my father a last look before heading up to my room. "Get your brother. We need to talk." Was all he said, once he left to the kitchen table. Walking up to my brother's room, giving his door a soft knock. "Come in." A voice came in to  the other side of the door.

Leaning into the door frame, waiting for him to give me his attention. "Dylan, dad said that he needs to talk to us." Hopefully he understands what I just told him to do. Making my way to the kitchen table, mother was sitting at one end as well like father. Taking my seat, and a minute later Dylan took his seat in front of me. "As you can see, I gather this family talk because of a reason." Father started talking. Getting that feeling that this will be more like a argument than a talk.

"Well Cole, I know you saw the news. And I'm afraid to say this, but Lily can you tell them." Father ask mother a favor. Mother just nodded, gathering what she was going to say to us. Dylan and I kept looking at mother and father for any hints on what there going to tell us. "Colette and Dylan, well before your father meet me. He was married to somebody who was his first wife, but she had a son. So, as I was saying, your father was a bit off that day he lost his job and went straight to the bar." Father cleared his throat for mother to give him a chance to speak.

Father kept looking at fingers, but never got to face us. "I went straight to the bar, to get things off from my head. After another beer and another, I started to loose myself. I went to my house and start shouting and throwing stuff at the women who was my first wife. I got angry at her, she couldn't do anything well. I took her to the balcony closing the door behind me. Till now, I regret what I did to her. I kept touching her and the only force she had was pushing me off. Her son, saw and he told me to stop, but I was too drunk  to even get a look at what was in his hand." A tear fell off from my father's cheek, mother continue where father left of. 

"Your father, came toward the little boy but the boy had a bat on his hand. One swing on your father's head and he was in concussion." Mother finished father story. My mind knew there was still more into it, he knew who was the little boy. "Dad, do you mind telling us who was the little boy?" My brother, Dylan ask him sweetly. Dad gave him a nod, asking my mother if it was okay to tell us who was the name. Silence filled up the room and this time it was intense.  Father told us a story about his past before he met my mother. I was born before father and mother met, but my biological father was stupid enough to leave us in the street, with  women who carried her second child. That's when father came along to the family, by helping us out. Yet, father would never talk about his past life, and this was a big step for us.

"Alejandro Montes."

 † ~† ~† ~† ~†

 Hello darlings, just want to clear up that this is my first story. And I'm sorry for all the mistakes that this story has. Um, if you have any questions ask and other links will be in my info so you contact me.

†  Vote

†  Comment

†  Share

Thanks, Brenda xo.