The Things We Do For Lust

"Alcmene?"

The spool slipped through my fingers and rolled onto the floor. I skipped over the thread and hurried down the stairs to rush into his arms. "You're home," I cried out as I barreled into the room. "I was so worried about you."

His tall frame stood against the open door, the sun showing off his muscular body. He glanced down at me, his soft brown eyes sparkling. He opened his arms and I jumped into his bear hug. I squeezed against him and kissed him, our lips melting together.

"I told you that I'd be safe, didn't I?" He pushed me gently away to unclasp his woolen cloak. Holding it on one arm, he held it high.

A slave hurried to accept the crimson garment. Underneath, Amphitryon still wore his leather armor.

I ran a trembling finger against it, checking for stains. Finding none, I let out a relieved sigh. A shudder ran along my back. "I was so worried."

Amphitryon sat on a bench and untied the leather straps on his leggings. No blood on them, either. He let out a sigh and rubbed the striped marks left on his calves. "Worried enough to show your husband some love?"

I raised a hand to my mouth to stifle my chuckle. He's insatiable. Then again, that's why I love him so much. Despite myself, excitement crept up my body. I had missed him more than I cared to admit. Men and their stupid wars! I leaned in and sniffed him. He smelled divine, but I played hard-to-get. I scrunched my nose. "Don't you need a bath first? You smell of the road."

He grabbed my hand and drew me into his lap. "What I need is my wife."

I yelped and then laughed. My cackle turned to soft moans as our tongues entwined in a fiery kiss. Shivers ran along my entire body. I slapped my palm against his chest and pushed him away for a moment, to catch my breath. My fingers caught on a chain around his neck. It held a strange stone. It seemed to shimmer and glow with an eerie light from within, misty shapes and colors shifting and twirling inside. "What's this?" I whispered. My voice betrayed my awe.

He waved his hand dismissively. "Spoils of war."

Before I could question him further, he rose to his feet, lifting me with him. I squealed and leaned against his chest, listening to the thudding of his heart as he hauled me into our room. His heel pushed against the door, slamming it shut behind us.

###

Hours later, a soft bump woke me up. "Amphitryon?"

"Sorry, love," his soft voice whispered. "Didn't mean to wake you."

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I had drifted asleep after our lovemaking. Heat crept up my cheeks as I remembered the details. Best sex ever!

He sat down on the bed, and I scooted towards the wall to give him more space. I yawned and stretched my arms. A cold gust of wind blew into the room, making my hairs stand on end. I draped my body with the sheet and peered outside the open window. There was little light coming from the night sky. Clouds had swallowed the moon, and the soft patter of rain echoed on the roof tiles. A lone lantern sent a warm orange light to chase shadows away from Amphitryon's handsome face. I traced his cheek with adoring fingers. "You're so handsome."

"Thank you," he said with a chuckle. "You're not so bad yourself."

I leaned towards him and planted a soft kiss on his mouth. He pushed his lips against mine with a surprising urgency. Again? My eyes widened, then I closed them and moaned as I let his tongue invade my mouth. Well, if he's up for it, why not? I threw him on the bed and straddled him, tearing off his gown with shaky hands.