Introduction

INTRODUCTION

Life is an everyday struggle for Dina.

She doesn't need a breath-taking romance.

She needs a friend and that's exactly what Theo is to her.

Dina struggles with a secret.

She's frightened of the judgement and stigma that is associated with it, which threatens every aspect of her life. Her parents refuse to accept her anxiety, nor support her, which is enough to leave her feeling isolated in crowd of people.

With the new year approaching and her parents marriage crumbling right before her, she decides on taking action. On changing it all. She wants to move on and overcome this milestone in her life. Her goal? To be happy.

So, she joins a group in her local community, directed towards helping those with anxiety. It's daunting and everything she fears, but it's a stepping stone.

Then she meets Theo; who is the complete opposite of her. But, surprisingly, together they slowly learn how friends are enough to overcome the biggest of problems.

*                          *

This isn't a story about love. It's a story about struggles that can affect a person's daily life. It's about the struggle that's associated with anxiety and the stigma surrounding it. But, most of all, it's a story about how friendship is possibly the best thing that could ever happen in these circumstances. And how a friend who understands, is enough to help you with the hardest of things.

Ultimately, this story will be heart-breaking at times. It might even be sad. But, it's merely a story on the recovery of accepting yourself - of accepting the one thing that nobody sees behind your walls.

[note: dedicated to areeba for the amazing cover]