Louboutins

"Stop laughing at me!" Said Rita in mock indignation.

She was tottering around the living room in Connie's Louboutins, clutching on to the sofa to stop herself toppling over.

"I'm sorry," Connie replied, stifling a giggle, "It's just, oh, you look like a baby giraffe!"

"Hey!" Exclaimed Rita, though she was smiling.

"Come here, I'll show you how to do it properly," Connie said grinning, holding her arms out for Rita.

Rita slowly edged towards her, wobbling all over the place, still not letting go of the sofa.

"You are going to have to let go Rita," Connie laughed, enjoying teasing her.

"No I don't," said Rita adamantly.

But just as she did, her hand slipped from the sofa as she took a step forward. She toppled to the floor, landing ungracefully on her bottom.

"Ow!" She cried, rubbing her sore backside.

Connie couldn't contain her laughter, and burst into a fit of giggles.

Rita waited for her laughter to subside before saying, "are you gonna show me or not?"

"Sorry," Connie replied, still giggling.

She took the heels from Rita and helped her up from the floor. Rita stepped back into the shoes, holding onto Connie's arms for support. Connie guided her across the room, matching her steps and uttering encouraging words to her.

"You're doing really well!" Connie said reassuringly.

Rita laughed happily, as she leaned in to kiss Connie softly on the lips.