Moonlight Glamour

Their kind did not have names, as a solitary race that only met during times of conflict there was no need for such frivolities.

Despite their basic desire for confinement and general disregard for social functions. There was in essence a hierarchy among their kind. And whilst, during their age of strength, they were among the most coveted of any race, after their full power had been unveiled they were destroyed. A female, would be ranked lower than the Sourcers and Hunters, and was barely higher than the prey. If a male found one, they would be dispatched of quickly. If not transported to the high council who would inevitably slaughter her, keeping them alive just until the full moon until she had regained some power, before draining the body and tearing out the borrowed heart.

It was often said that he who owned the heart of a femme could retain the skills of glamour until that life had passed.

While their strength was in their beauty alas so was their weakness.

Her beauty was captivating as she stepped out into the frosty street, the moonlight gracing her features. She shone with an otherworldly glow and for just a moment the dimming light from the flickering street lamp caught two sharp teeth poking from underneath her lips, the movement was small but fatal all the same, in the grotty space that the prey named a street she had smelt others of her kind. It was unsafe to remain holed up in such an environment, amongst the humans, yet they had marked a good distance of this territory as their own.

Sniffing the air the enchantress stiffened, she felt as her fangs slowly elongated, a faint ache overwhelmed by the scent of the blood, her nails lengthed too, growing sharp like knives. Slowly she moved further into the moon's silvery glow, which each step her savage beauty being defined. Her hair had now lengthed and brushed the bottom of her back, and her frame appeared more lean and graceful, the transformation leading to her dress becoming loose around her shoulders. She no longer worried about the males finding her, so consumed as she was by the bloodlust, it no longer mattered to her that they had wiped out all the femme, she needed to drink. The human male turned the corner, she felt herself ready to pounce, but her patience over ruled. She would let the prey come to her, she heard his intake of breath as he saw her.

As she fed from him she could feel his emotions. He felt pleasure akin to that of the humans mating ritual, and she heard his thoughts next. Quickly she pulled away, slamming the half drained creature to the wall. Hissing, her features were dominated by a vengeance, the human whimpered at her animal like noise.

However he seemed surprised as she whispered to him in a throaty voice.

She released the man and he crumpled on to the floor and despite his broken spine made himself kneel before her. He now belonged to her.

"mistress forgive me" he rasped blood pouring from the holes at his neck, she heard his thoughts now though as strong as she felt his blood rushing through her veins, they said "pleasure me"

Obeying his wishes and indeed her own need for blood, she again grasped his soft neck with her jaws, and herself felt intense pleasure as her appetite was satisfied.

She smiled as she heard his screams, he now felt only pain as she savagely ripped at his throat to get to the last course of her feast, his heart. It was the only meat that her kind could consume, legend said it replaced their's, sustaining them far longer than the blood, this male appeared young and his heart was strong, it would feed her for around 60 of the human years. Quickly she pushed the dried carcass from her body and as she stood up her clothes fell from her body, the flimsy fabric had been shredded by her claws.

She did not care about her appearance as it was how femmes often travelled, but fear of drawing attention to herself in such an environment was too great.

Warily and with speed she pulled the great coat from off the street, he had not been wearing it as she fed. She glanced around feeling the cool metal of the keys brushing her bare thigh perhaps his home was near.

The feed was quick and it had only taken minutes however she could not wash away the sense of unease she felt standing in the open, so quickly with the well practiced efficiency of an expert, she dismantled the body and gathering it in her arms transported to her location.

Each vampyres location was unique, and could only be shared as a gift or perhaps in the wracking pains of torture. Strangely enough hers was the desert at night. Perhaps as she longed for the sunlight which she could never feel, it was for that reason it was always a full moon. She lived in an ever beautiful state, not affected be the toil of work or the stress from age. And in her youth she remained strong and safe from the betrayers who had murdered the femme.

Returning back to the desert she curled her toes into the warm sand although the desert was, in essence cooler by night the sand in comparison to the average body temperature of a vampyre was warm. She lay back arms spread wide over the golden ground, as if offering her body to the moonlight. Even though she had embraced her vulnerability surrounded by males she was now safe.

As soon as she had returned the dismantled carcass was buried, it hadn't taken her long. Although she had masked the scent she could not shake the apprehension that was gnawing at her. She was still unaware of how in fact this secret location worked and thus felt the need to remain secure. She had placed the body in a pit in the outer reaches of her base, some miles away along with fire she had summoned, which would hopefully remove any trace but a small pile of ashes. Even though the body was drained the stench of rotting flesh was enough to draw in starving vampyres, this way she had removed any threat and she would remain safe until she needed her next hunt.

The sound of sand sliding over itself startled her from more peaceful thoughts, and her lithe body reacted to the threat. Gracefully the femme moved into a defensive crouch and pulled at her glamour until she was bathed in moonlight.

No one surrounded her, yet her cocked head and heightened senses clearly indicated that she had heard the unsettled noise of the earth. The femme took tentative steps and carefully approached the small disturbance in the otherwise still ground.

She sniffed at the air till the overpowering scent of stale blood mixed with a sweet honey caused her to flinch back in disgust.

Yet ignoring her doubts and general uneasiness at the situation she approached the area of ground close to where she had leaped.

She stared at confusion at the disturbing sight which had moved the sand, and grimaced in disgust. A small bird carcass lay, a mahogany stake driven through its festering breast.

It was a warning, from the very beings she had hoped to escape.

They were coming.