The Tall Man In A Suit

"Hurry dear we shouldn't be here" my mother grasped my dads hand "don't worry dear we'll be fine" my father tried to calm my mother.  "We're we going daddy?" I looked up at him.  "Oh, it's a surprise Emily" my dad made a sarcastic smile.  He told me to stop in front of a tree "Ok now you will stay here until we return" my father let go of my hand "but.....it's scary here...." I shivered while I rubbed my hand on my forearm.  Both of them just walked away, like I was a disappointment.  I could hear a faint laughter coming from them.  "Just wait here Emily" my mother looked back at me over her shoulder.  Both of them walked out of sight.  I leaned back into the tree, the tree was cold.  The coldness felt like hands crawling up my arms making me shiver.  "I hope they won't be long" I said with a little sorrow in my voice.

  A few hours pasted, they still didn't come back.  With nothing else to do I started to walk were I came from.  A few minutes has gone by and there was no sign of them.  My stomach started to growl from lack of food.  I really regretted not grabbing my jacket before I left home.  Knowing I would end up here....probably freezing to death.....the midnight breeze was getting to me, my legs ached from walking.  My weak legs couldn't hold me any longer, I fell on the ground shivering, a cold tear fell down my cheek.  There was something rustling in some bushes, I could barely move to defend myself.  I closed my eyes to get the last few tears out.  I opened them again to see a tall man in a suit in the distance.  My eyes started fluttering, I closed my eyes, knowing that it might be the last time.  I felt hands scoop me up off the cold ground.  I was scared at first, but for some reason I felt safe in this creatures arms.   I opened my eyes slightly, my vision was to hazing to make out who this strange person was.  I closed my eyes again, I rolled my head over, resting my head on it's arm.  It's hands gripped my legs and my arm, it pulled me closer to its chest, like I was its child.  Surprisingly this person is warm, I thought it would be some scary monster, that has cold, clammy hands.  I chuckled in my head "there must be something special about this monster" I smiled.

I opened my eyes squinting from the moonlight, everything was hazy.  I pushed myself up, noticing that I was laying down on a stack of hay.  I rubbed my eyes to get rid of my hazy vision.  I opened them again to find that I'm inside a barn.  I didn't now if I should run back or stay.  "Did that strange person save me? Why would it save me...." I felt a little adrenaline crawl up the back of my neck.  I looked out the door and saw the man in the suit again.  I gasped and rubbed my eyes to see that.....no one was there.  I sighed in relief, I looked down at the ground "my parents will never come back" I put up my knees and cried in my arms.  I saw a shadow tower over me.  I slowly looked up and saw the man in a suit standing in the door way .  I yelped he was walking towards me.  I started to hyper ventilate, cold tears streamed down my cheeks.  He looked down at me "hey, hey its ok.  I'm not going to hurt you" his voice was calming, soothing in fact.  Even though he looked really creepy.  He knelt down and stroked my hair.  I jumped a little, but didn't protest.  He noticed that I lighten up a little.  He stopped stroking my hair "I remember you..." I managed to squeak out "I..I saw you in the woods...before I..." I paused "before you blacked out" he finished my sentence.  I nodded, more tears flowed out of my eyes.  "Someone...saved me..." I still looked at the ground, searching through my thoughts.  "Was it you?" I looked up at him.  His jaw moved in a weird way, as if he was smiling.  He nodded.  I relaxed a little knowing that......he saved me.  I jumped up and wrapped my arms around his neck.  He jolted a little, like he was never hugged before.  He touched my back, then wrapped him arms around me.  His arms were strong around my little body.  "Thank you for saving me" I smiled.  I let go of his neck and looked at his face.  His jaw moved again, I think he was smiling again "it was my pleasure." He sat down on the ground, and I sat on his thighs.  I looked up at him "what's your name?" I tilted my head "my name's Slenderman" he looked down at me "huh strange name, but I like it" I smiled warmly.  He tilted his head "what's your name?" He asked "my name's Emily" I answered fixing my headband.  He "smiled" "what a beautiful name, and I'm stuck with Slenderman" he chuckled and picked me up off his legs and set me on to the ground.  I giggled, I know were going to be the bestest of friends.  In the distance someone was watching us.  "My new daughter" he grinned.

~Edited Aug 5, 2018~