I'll Believe In Anything.

As Carson Evans walked up the steps of the city bus, she sees the man that she loved in high school. He was sitting at the far end of the bus with a white collard midway button shirt with an unzipped black leather jacket. His long dark brown hair was combed midway to his neck. He had a book in his hands that was titled,'The Bull Market: How to Make our Economy Thrive'. He was so interested and intrigued in his reading that he didn't notice Carson was staring at him or even that they're meeting again after twelve years.

"A dollar, ma'am," the bus driver said as he cleared his throat which made Carson startled.

"Right," she answered as she nodded her head nervously making her blonde curls bop up and down. She looked over at her wrist where her black purse was dangled. Carson takes out the dollar in her unzipped mini pocket of her purse. She then puts her purse over her shoulder and then slides the dollar in the machine.

The bus driver  smiled warily as she walked down the aisle. Her eyes were still shifted on him. She looked down, now feeling foolish and stupid for looking at him. 'Ugh, Carson. Why, why did I come back?' She thought as she walked. 

Carson looked between aisles trying to find a place to sit, but all the seats were full. As soon as she gets closer to him, she cringes with heat. She starts breathing deeply and hoping that she'll find a seat. When she finally, walks past by him, she suddenly goes back and falls in his laps.

"Sorry about that!" The bus driver said over his shoulder.

"Um, it's fine." Carson says back putting her fingers on her mouth while still on his lap with her head looking up at him. 

"Carson?" He says puzzled looking down at her.

"Joesph?" She answered smiling as if she never knew he was here.

"When, umm did you come to town?" He chuckled.

"I don't think this is the best moment to talk about that." She simply says feeling the hard cover pressing against her head.

"Oh, right. I would get why you would said say that." He laughed. "Well, lets just wait for the next stop, but hey in the meantime can you put your head up?"

"Sure." She laughs. 

"Thanks." He said as she put her head up. He takes the book under her and puts it in the blue seat next to him. "There, you can put your head back."

"Thanks." She answered as she slowly puts it back.

"You're welcome." He replied fixing his leather jacket.

 Carson sighed. 'How did I get to this point where I'm resting my head on my ex's laps? Why, oh why does this happen to me? He must think that I'm still crazy. Maybe that's why he's asking me, why I'm back in town. I can't tell him the real reason why I'm really here. I have to lie to him. Lie to him and say that I'm married because God forbid me to tell him that I'm actually single because of the breakup. Probably, because that breakup made me feel that I should never trust anyone else and put my heart in anyone's hands other than my own. I could never and wouldn't say that to him because that book. That book that he was reading was called, 'The Bull Market: How to Make our Economy Thrive', which means that he made it big while I'm coming back here with no job and nowhere to go except to my parent's house.' 

 "You can get up now." Joseph said.

'Does he mean get up to like leave or for me to sit next to him?' she thought to herself puzzled, but somehow got the hint. She struggles to get up from his lap, but still manages to get out on the aisle where everything stood still.

"Where are you going?" He asks leaning over to get the book from the seat and put it on his laps.

"I was just going to you know sit somewhere else." She shrugged.