Prologue

Hello! And welcome to my first story since 2012. Updates are likely to be kind of slow but I just wanted to get the first bit out there! I hope you enjoy and thank you for reading!

******

Blood. Sticky. Warm. Everywhere.

Silence. Her shallow breathing the only sound.

Black. Eyes too heavy, can't open. Sleep, she wants to sleep, to give into this numbness spreading from deep within her chest. She needs to get rid of this ache at the back of her mind, she's unaware of where it came from, but she needs it to leave. 

Her family. What about her family? Brother, mother, father. Where are they? Why aren't they trying to wake her? Why aren't they here?

Then there's sirens. Breaking the silence in a deafening wail. Then the sirens fade and she can hear the sobbing. Who's crying? Why?

"Oh God," she recognises the voice, but she can't place it, too much fog in her mind.
Something metallic hitting the floor, whispered cursing, more sobbing.

Then nothing. She counts the seconds.  One. Two. Three. Four. Choking. Wet, horrible choking. More warm blood joining the rest. The sound of a heavy mass tumbling to the floor.

Silence.

Sticky.

Warm.

Blood.

Everywhere.

Why is it everywhere? What happened?

Fading. She's fading.

No! Stay awake.

Warm.

Sticky.

Everywhere.

Silence.

Sirens.