The job

I slip through a small window and land on the marble floor.

I walk over to the jewels and gaze upon them with amazement, while tracing my fingers over the glass.

"Let's go, we don't have much time" I hear in my ear. I nod to myself and grab the jewels and put them into a bag.

I slip out the window that I came in through. And ran back to the car.

"Got em" I say to my friend, Wendy, who drove off to pick up our friend Susan. She was distracting the person we just stole from. I see her give him a peck on the cheek and walk over to the car.

"How was your night with Mr. Richie rich?" I say with a smile on my face. "Ugh I don't wanna talk about it. It's bad enough I had to kiss his cheek" she said with her hand over her forehead.

"You got it, right?" she said looking up at me. "Course" I said and gave her a wink.

I'm Mabel but people call me May. I steal from the rich and give to the poor. Like Robin Hood but with three girls. We are known to the media as the Troublemakers. I don't know where they got that name from but I kinda like it. We have all lived together since we were young.

We don't really get close to people. We don't really give them our trust until they earn it. But there is a lot of things we don't do.

"What's that in your hand?" I say looking down at the many pieces of paper Wendy was holding.

"It's mail, mostly junk" she says sliding it over to me. I search though it carelessly and I come across one that catches my eye.

I pick it up and open it, I read aloud so Wendy can hear it too.

"Dear, Troublemakers

There is a new job for you. The priceless emerald necklace that was kept at the London Art Gallery. I will pay you $50,000 for it. The man who had this before stole it from the Princess of Wales and she has come to us for help. I know you can handle this job. Good luck.

- TB"

TB meant The Boss, he kinda put this thing together. I look over to Wendy and notice that Susan had heard it too.

"We gotta take this job" Susan says with her eyes wide at the thought of money.

"Yeah this could be our chance to show TB we can have more advanced jobs, the pay out would be huge!." Wendy yells as she already plots what moment and time we should strike.

"That guy TB was talking about, his name is Carlos Alexander the fifth of Wales. He was the second heir to the throne but from what it looks like, Princess Cardinia will be the ruler. He's having a party tomorrow night honoring himself" Wendy reads from her computer screen.

"Sounds like a nice guy but I'm guessing he thought he was going to be taking the throne." I said sarcastically. I look down and think about how we're going to pull this off.

"Alright" I say causing Susan's head and Wendy's head to shoot up and look at me.

"Let's go crash a party" I said with a grin on my face. I see smiles growing on their faces too. This should be fun

*****

hope you like it.