Infernal Future (A Mortal Instruments and Infernal devices FF)

This is a story I posted on Fanfiction (.) net

Disclaimer: I very sadly do NOT own the Infernal Devices or The Mortal Instruments

It was a loud noise, heard all throughout the Institute. A deafening boom and a deadly crash sending anyone in range running to see what happened. Charlotte was the first to arrive to the scene. Rushing in the room and stopping abruptly with her mouth agape taking in what she saw.

Henry was standing in the middle of the room with some contraption in his hand. His face was covered in dirt and his clothes we covered in smoke. On the ground next to him lay a smaller contraption that was smoking.

"Henry!" Charlotte screaked running to her husband. She placed a hand on his shoulder, "What Happened?"

He opened his mouth to answer, but before he could say anything Jem, Will and Jessamine came running-well Jessamine was more walking-in.

Jem went to the other side of Henry while Will walked over to Henry knelt down as if to bow, picked up the smoking device and stood up again, walking to a spot on the wall where he started examining it.

"What is this horrid device?" Will said, turning the device around in his hands but not lokking up at anyone else.

"A time machine," henry said taking it quickly but carefully out of Will's hands and back into his own.

Will looked up suddenly interested, "You mean it allows us to travel through time?"

Henry shook his head. "No. I have been recently studying time travel and all the little knick-nacks associated with it, this is one of those knick-nacks," Henry took a step back and turned to a table covered in little metal devices. "These are the others. I am although missing one, I like to call it The Switch because it lets you control where and what era you travel to, and is the only way to get back to your original time and place. It is very difficult to find everything to create the last piece and then...and then-"

"I don't see a point to all this," Jessamine interrupted Henry's rant.

"Well Ifor one want to try it out," Will said, getting off the wall and moving toward the table where Henry stood and grabbed a random device. It was smaller than all the rest, it was about the size of his palm

"William NO Do Not Touch That!" Henry yelled at Will tackling him to the ground but, Will had already pushed the button.

In an instant everything went into blur, colors and pictures swirling around them and soon they were completely engulfed in pictures from different times.

After what seemed like hours in this hell of hypnotizing flashes, Will landed on a tile floor face down. He started to stand but a certain silver haired man landed on top of him and with an Ompf was back on his face.

Jem quickly got up and recovered from his fall onto Will. Once on his feet he started to pull Will up but as his eyes drifted around to the new scenery that he let go of Will's hand making him fall once again on the bright floor. Looking around he saw Henry and Charlotte staring around in awe as well.

Jem was only capable of saying one thing, "It actually worked, Henry," He said it really slowly and just loud enough for them all to hear.

"Yes, that may be so but while you landed on floor, I happened to land in mud. Look At My Dress," Jessamine shrieked. Her rose pink dress was now brown and pink. Will stifled a chuckle at her expression. This was going to be a long day.

I Know the first chapter is short it is more of a chapter/Prologue type thing.

Comment, Vote and Fan!