Author's Note (2016)

Hey guys :)

Hey guys :)

First and foremost, thank you to each and every one of you who decided to check out this little piece of writing. The fact that you found enough interest to click on it already means a lot, thank you!

As some of you may already know, A Simple Melody was written in 2012 (and nothing has been edited ever since, which would explain the possible errors lurking beyond this page, therefore I apologize in advance for that!), and despite the occasional cheesiness, this is still one of the stories that I enjoyed writing the most and was inspired based on my experiences in high school.

I think it is safe to say that at one point, we've all daydreamed about performing music. Some of us dream of hitting that high note to our favorite songs in the shower, and some of us clearly have fantasized about being in a cool band. For me, I used to spend hours dreaming of myself plucking some wicked guitar solo while nailing a crazy Demi Lovato song in front of an infinite and strangely supportive audience (I know, it's impossible, which is why it still remains as a dream until this day xD). Well, I'm not too shy about admitting that now, because it was those little daydreams that led to the creation of A Simple Melody :P

So yes, obviously, my Demi Lovato's song + band + guitar solo + supportive audience thing didn't really work out for me, but that doesn't mean that your musical dream can't come true as well. I know how it is like to want to take the stage due to the love and passion for music. On the off chance that you happen to be going for an audition, a competition, or maybe you're contemplating about trying out for your high school's musical (okay, save your HSM references and puns), I hope you make the bold decision to sign up. You have literally nothing to lose, trust me.

I failed in a couple of auditions myself and barely scraped through Performing Arts club. I also had some pretty embarrassing moments, but fast forward four years, I regret nothing :D That's the beauty of youth: the courage to dream and the passion to achieve. Don't let someone or something dim your light, and don't allow anyone to talk you out of trying. Whatever it is, just know that I'm rooting for you :)

Before we flip the page, I'd also like you to know that our main character, Destiny, was largely inspired by my favorite artist/singer, Christina Grimmie, who I've been following since I was fourteen. Most people know her from The Voice, but I really just know her as the bubbly talented girl who could play the piano by ear and had the potential to be the next Aguilera. Unfortunately, she had returned home to be with the Lord on the 10th June 2016. I was devastated and heartbroken, pretty much cried for a while too when the news hit me, but at the very least, I can give her credit for the inspiration.

The world has truly lost an angel, but heaven has gained one tonight. Rest in peace, superstar :')

Once again, thank you all for reading and I'm excited to share this little journey with you

Once again, thank you all for reading and I'm excited to share this little journey with you. I hope you'll enjoy the story as much as I enjoyed writing it, and maybe even take something along with you, whatever it is! Have a great day ahead and God bless <3

With love,

imperfectdreamer