Finding the Wolf Within Chapter 32 *RATED R version

If you're reading this, I'm assuming you're 18 or over. Or you've just got a dirty mind. :P Either way, I hope you enjoy. This is the unedited version of Chapter 32 of Finding the Wolf Within in its entirety. 

____________________________

It was a clear and sunny day outside. The leaves were gently blowing in the breeze, the birds singing their songs. I could hear the trickle of the stream, the chatter of the squirrels, the whispers of the underbrush. It was the perfect day to waste away doing nothing. I was sunbathing on a rock, loving the way the sun’s rays warmed my fur. Almost drowsily, I turned my head to look at Eddie. He was lying next to me, staring at me with his piercing green eyes that seemed to automatically soften when I returned his gaze. “I love you.,” he thought.

I smiled. My heart stopped beating at the sound of those three words. They were the most beautiful words I had ever heard and they were for me. I could feel his fingers caressing my cheek, stroking my eyebrows, rubbing my lips. Wait – that wasn’t right. Eddie and I were both in wolf form. I shouldn’t be able to feel him touch me like this.

A dream. It was a dream. One that I didn’t want to wake up from even though I knew my reality was much better. I could feel my eyes struggling to open, the sleep in them more than enough to want to lull me back to the woods, our woods. But then I felt a soft warmth on my lips, the barest peck that I then felt again on my cheek and forehead. My body started humming back to life, wakened by Eddie’s kisses.

A few seconds later, I finally opened my eyes to find Eddie’s looking down at me in concern.

“Morning.,” I managed to croak out, my voice scratchy and dry.

“Morning Buttercup. You okay?,” he asked as he stroked my cheek.

I nodded. I felt achy, the kind of ache I had when I got the flu. I arched my back and pointed my toes, trying to stretch out my muscles. It didn’t hurt, it just felt strange – as if I hadn’t used them in a while.

“What time is it?,” I asked.

“It’s a little after nine. Are you hungry?”

Nine in the morning? I tried to think back, tried to remember what we had done last night that would cause me to sleep until so late in the day. Nine was probably early for normal teenagers, but since I usually woke up around sunrise, it was definitely late for me.

And then it all came back to me. Amber. The woods. Not being able to shake her from my vision. But then Eddie. Feeling his touch. Hearing him whisper “I love you.” My heart jumped as I tried to grab and hold onto that memory. I wanted to hear those words again, wanted to be fully conscious when he said them to me.

“How long have I been sleeping then?”

“You were out for almost sixteen hours. I was getting worried.”

At the concern in his voice, I looked at Eddie more closely. He had slight bags under his eyes, his usually striking green eyes a bit duller. I frowned and Eddie’s own frown deepened in response.

“What’s the matter? Are you okay? Do you need anything?” There was a slight edge of panic in his voice.

I cleared my throat. My voice was still coming out a bit raspy but it was getting stronger. “I’m fine. Are you okay? You look like you haven’t slept.”

Eddie immediately began straightening the blankets around me, smoothing them down before turning his attention to the pillow. He was avoiding the question.

I was getting more anxious so I laid my hand on his arm. “Eddie?” 

“I’m fine, really. You were just so still and your breathing had gotten so shallow that I wanted to make sure you were going to be okay. Don’t worry about me. Are you sure you’re all right? You can’t see her right now, can you?”