Human Status

Human Status 

By Danicka Castro  

Copyright 2011, Smashwords edition 

Cover art by Rita Y. Toews. See more of her work at http:\/\/www.yourebookcover.com\/ 

Formatting services by Katrina Joyner: formatting@akashikonline.com 

License Notes: This book is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This e-book my not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you are reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please return to Smashwords.com and purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author. 

Human Status 

Danicka Castro 

TABLE OF CONTENTS 

My First Day at Home 

My New Home 

"Diamonds." 

Chance of Normalcy 

Lost Blood 

Bondage A Sign of the Times 

The Break Down 

Realizations 

The Break with Reality 

Day Dreams 

Clone Poachers 

The Next Three Years 

Epilogue 

About the Author 

My First Day at Home 

I live in a world where I am nameless. I live in a world where I do not matter except or unless I am owned by someone. I do not have rights, freedoms, joys, wishes, or aspirations. I am property. I was born and raised to belong to someone that will one day take me away like the fairy tale stories that I listened to everyday in the house I live in. I prayed every night that a handsome prince would come and take me to live in his castle just like in the books. I prayed that I would be a princess and have a kingdom just like in the books. But I was never told that the books were all lies. I was never told the true reason why I was a well sought after commodity. I was never told that I am not the only one like me. When I found out it was too late to save myself.  

To think and in less than 4 days I will be taken away from my current home and be in a home of my own. I sat on the simple wooden bed hoping that my owner was nice and kind. I hated to think about some of the stories that I heard about the other girls like me. I hated thinking about being exterminated because I made my owner unhappy. I thought to myself that I would try real hard to keep him happy.  

I remember the covenant of rules that would keep me and my owner happy. I would need to follow five rules. 1. Always obey my owner. 2. Always be available to my owner. 3. Never talk back. 4. Always agree with my owner. 5. I am not human so I cannot do human things.  

I wondered how pretty human women were. I was so nervous about my departure I nearly refused to leave my room. I could leave if I did not have anything wrong with me physically.  

I remember the den mother telling me not to do anything that would cause a refund or else I would be exterminated upon refund. My new owner had thirty days to return me. If he returned me and no one else was interested I would be exterminated. I would be killed because it would be thought that I was defective and no one would want a defective product.