The Heart Shaped Locket

She stood silently by the falls, her long,silk,raven hair that reached to the small of her back, rustling in the slight autumn breeze. As she starred on over toward the horizon, she wept. The day was a sorrowful one. The man she had cared for most was gone; killed by a generation of freaks known as The Elite. Hatred filled her, causing her body to tremble more. She despised The Elite. They were monstrosities to the human race. They had created metallic beings, refereed to as The Ones by their original Elite creator. The Ones only existed to seek and destroy.

The Elite generation was cruel, selfish, and only wanted power over all the human race. That's why they created Axum, or known more solemnly as the other world. Axum was a fake dream world the Elite had created to fool people and draw them in and suck away their souls.

Delilah, though, knew how to get past the illusion of it all. That was the reason her and Jack had even decided to step foot in that world. The second was, Delilah couldn't keep from feeling like their daughter was their and they needed to know for sure. Yet, everything had failed.

The memory of their decline...of his passing...and the war waged against them etched itself in her mind and slowly it played out like a movie sequence.

                                                            ******************

"I am the creator!" Persilla laughed manically. Delilah stood there, trying to make sense of it all. Her little girl stood there in front of her, but it wasn't her little girl. In front of her was the monster who had created Axum and the whole Elite generation. She and her husband had spent six long, agonizing years searching for their daughter, thinking she had been kidnapped and taken away. Yet, that wasn't the truth. The truth, Delilah thought, was more painful.Her sweet little Persilla was the Elite; was Axum.

"Its not possible This has to be a cruel joke!" Jack bellowed.

The girl upon the platform in front of the couple laughed wickedly. "Of course its not. The only joke is you two. Looking for me all that time. I let you see what this world really was, hoping for you to see that I was the smart one. That I created something more powerful than the little puny human race. That I was stronger than you thought."

"My little girl..." Delilah choked out.

Persilla's eyes narrowed. "I am not little! I am powerful! I am the one to decide your fate!"

"We'll never give into this world! You're not my daughter! You are not the girl that we trusted you were!" Jack said, regarding the girl chillingly.

Persilla rolled her eyes and sneered. "See there's a problem wit trust. Its never really true to itself. I trusted you and mother to make the right choice. However, you leave me no choice." The girl smiles and turns toward "the ones" guards in the room.

"You will have a five hour head start, by then the droids will be hunting you and will destroy you."

Before either could reply, the guards hovered over them and lead them out.

                                                    ************************

Less than five hours later, Jack and Delilah were running for their lives. The droid close behind them. This droid was some circular, freakish robot monstrosity. It looked like a giant ball, with eight giant robotic arms; almost like a mechanical octopus. Each arm had sharp clamps for hands. It was powered by some foreign electrical source, and in the centre of the ball was a target which was called the eye. From it's eye, the droid could shoot powerful, stunning laser beams; and as the monster who Delilah still couldn't believe was her daughter, had instructed, the droids one missions was to seek and destroy.

"Jack! Hurry!" Delilah pleaded frantically as the couple is just mere yards from the portal to their human world. "I'm trying!" He yelled as a laser shot between them. Delilah screamed and they moved their feet, picking up speed.

A yard away, they were almost there. Yet, they were taken a back when the droid hovers in front of them, blocking their way. Delilah panicked and tried to take off running. The droid extends an arm and grabbed her. Before she's too high up, Jack throws a blade to hit the eye of the droid. It drops Delilah and all arms extend toward Jack.

The droid grabbed jack, lifting him up, it's sharp clamps cutting into his flesh. All its arms moved toward its eye. It was going to shoot a laser at him, at dead point.

Delilah frantically tried to find a solution. Jack had handed her a weapons after they were able to choose one before running for their life. She slipped what she recognized as a Sona gun. Sona guns were capable of shooting explosive bullets that could penetrate any surface it was aimed at.

She raised the gun shakily. 1...2....3.... She fired four times. The bullets glinted and hit the droid in the centre. Jack was dropped to the ground and Delilah ran over to him frantically. He's coughing and was covered in blood. Only the blood wasn't from where the clamps of the droid had cut into his skin; blood was gushing from a bullet wound in his chest. Horror struck Delilah as she realized when she had fired, a bullet had went straight through him.

"No...no..no!" She burst into sobs. "Jack please don't die! Im so, so sorry! please don't.."

With his last strength, Jack slipped something from his pocket and into Delilahs hand.

"I.I love..you.." Jack wheezed, "Remember that.." He coughed, wincing in pain. There's beeping, the bullets were about to go off. Jack tried his best to push Delilah away. "GO! Get to the portal!" He coughed roughly.

She nodded, kissing his lips for the last time and followed her dying husbands last instructions. She had a very good five seconds before the bullets would explode and disintegrate all that was within a mile radius of it; itself and Jack's body.

1 second..she was running....

 2 seconds...running faster...

3 seconds...almost there...

4 seconds....the portal opened...

5......BOOM!

The droid exploded just as she made it through the portal and it closed. Delilah fell to her knees, weeping and clutching tight to whatever it was Jack had slipped into her hand. She was now completely alone...

                                                                **********************

Alone... that's what she was now, standing by the falls. Still clutched in her hand tight is the heart shaped necklace Jack had slipped into his hand as he had bled to death. It was the last thing he had given her...

Inside there was a picture of him and her with three words, three beautiful words, written inside; "I Love You".  She held her hand out and let go. She watched as the necklace disappeared into the mist of the fall; and as a single tear rolled down her cheek, she slowly turned away...