The Beginning

Darryl was brushing his teeth when he heard his laptop being destroyed. He ran into his living room to see oodles and oodles of fluffy fluffy poodles attacking. Ripping up the couches, biting off parts of the TV, the list goes on.
Darryl quickly called the cops, and they showed up.

They were eaten by the poodles.

Darryl went to the gunsafe and found a poodle was in there, cuddling with a gun. The poodle triggered the gun and shot Darryl. The poodle, Colonel Wuffles, pulled out a walkie talkie, and spoke into it.
"Captain Squeaky, alert the Squadron that the homeowner is dead, and to spread across the house." Wuffles barked.
The poodles devised a strategic plan. Each town had a "colonel" that would be in charge of a town to destroy. He was in charge of 12 squadrons, each destroying a house or apartment. Every squadron had a captain. Get it? No? Whatever, the poodles will get you later.
Colonel Wuffles left and checked on the other squadrons. He nearly got hit by a dead human  corpse being thrown out the window. Wuffles contacted the Captain not to have the squadron display any evidence of the attack. Shortly after, a team of seven poodles marched out and collected the body quickly before anyone saw.

"This is going well," Wuffles said, "but it's time to go bigger."
Then he alerted 4 of the squadrons to meet at the town hall. The squadrons were all there in ten minutes, hiding in the nearby bushes. They had a problem.
There was security.
Wuffles sent out Squadron 2 to go distract the security guards while Squadrons 4 and 6 would tear up the town hall. Squadron 9 would be a backup to S9. Wuffles carefully monitored everything happening. The mayor alerted the security that there was a poodle attack. The security guards took out the 3 squadrons. Squadron 9 came in as a backup, but they were annihilated by the guards. The guards spotted the Colonel hiding in the bushes and were closing in on Wuffles, giving no hope of escape.