Chapter 1

Spencer sat in the cushioned seat on the plane and looked down at the box in his hands in awe. Inside were two maroon tickets that read, 'Washington Redskins Saturday October fifteenth, 2:30pm.' Gideon had given them to him for his birthday, and now the newly turned twenty-four year old man was gathering up the courage to ask the beautiful Jennifer Jareau to go with him.

He rose from his seat and walked over to where JJ sat with a coffee in her hand, reading over a newspaper. She seemed invested in the announcement section; Spencer started tapping his fingers against the leather chair before sitting down again. "She's busy... I'll do it later." But the stern look from Gideon turned him back to his fellow agent and squeak out a quick hello.

"Hey Spence," JJ replied flashing him a quick smile before turning back to the paper.

Reid let out a grumbled noise and started twirling his thumbs before finally being able to get words out, "I, uh, I have tickets to a game. The Redskins game, and I uh, I wanted you to go with me, maybe, if you wanted to?" It was a little choppy, but he knew JJ would understand what he was asking.

"I'd love to," she smiled, "This Saturday right? Pick me up at two and we can walk down from my place."

He felt the redness of his blush roll against his cheek and he nodded, "y-yeah! We'll walk together." Spencer watched as JJ turned back to the newspaper to continue to read, he peered at the paper to see what she was so invested in. "Connie Imelda Prentiss, seven pounds eight ounces. Born Wednesday October twelfth at six-twenty-nine AM, Mother Emily Prentiss and child both are healthy and happy to be sharing a birthday!"

"Did JJ know this woman?" Spencer debated asking her about it but changed his mind as he knew JJ valued her privacy. Instead he moved to go sit back with Gideon and attempted to win another game of chess; his endorphins were running high he could do just about anything now. Just about.

When he returned to his seat Spencer ended up being too distracted thinking about his soon to be date with JJ that he left his king wide open. This made Gideon smirk knowing his apprentice was too love stricken to even pay attention to where his pieces were moving and he wasn't above using that to his advantage.

Hotch dismissed everyone at the runway letting them all know that they were due at the office tomorrow at nine AM no earlier. Everyone said their usual goodbyes and no one asked for a group dinner or coffee run. It was too late and a warm cozy bed was calling each and every one of their names; all except for JJ.

The blonde liaison climbed into her SUV and started the engine, she turned up the radio and scanned around for a song that wasn't rap or obnoxiously over played. She finally smacked the off button when Hollaback girl played on the fifth station in a row.

After driving around for a bit she pulled up outside of a newly build apartment building. It had just been completed about three months ago, and that was the first time JJ remembered actually seeing the finished project. The blonde typed in the access code to the building then got on the elevator that took her to the seventh floor. Checking her watch it was breaching ten PM. JJ debated visiting her friend later but decided to go ahead anyways babies usually never slept .

She knocked on the door that read 712 and rolled onto the balls of her feet. JJ couldn't help but feel guilty. "Should I be here?" She thought to herself. "Does Emily even want me here?" It was too late to change her mind because a brunette woman with bright brown eyes peaked out behind the door.

"JJ, hi!" She smiled brightly as she moved the door open wider to motion JJ in. "Sorry for the mess, I'm still getting settled and the-"

"The baby." JJ finished, Emily blushed slightly as she moved out from behind the door to expose the one day old child nursing on her breast. "The hospital called, you weren't discharged. They like to keep mothers overnight, you know? Your vagina is kind of still dilated and your child needs to be monitored."