Seven Houses Down

Everyday is the same for me, an average 15 year old male with long brown hair and green eyes. A nice smile that lights up the room. A slim body because I run in my spare time. Everyday, monday-friday, I go to school, learn, then come back. I walk home from where the bus lets me off at the corner of my street. I usually get some texts from my friends and hang out. Then I walk home and sleep. But not this time.

The sun was setting, my white earphones were in playing Bruno Mars, and I was walking with a black zip-up hoodie, skinny blue jeans, and black converse. I was just at my friend Eleanors house and was on my way home. I never cared to look to my sides and see my neighbors houses, usually I just looked at my phone. Only seven houses down from me, on the same side of the street, I saw smoke out of the corner of my eye. I turned my head and saw the chilly wind blow it to me left from his chimney. I never really was the one to spy but I just adjusted my eyes on the basement window with a light and slowed my pace. 

There stood my neighbor that lived in the nice sized brick house only seven houses down from me. He had mangled brown short hair and black glasses over his blue eyes. He had on a white teeshirt and dirty blue jeans. He didnt see me looking but I saw him. Out ran two little girls about the same age of five. They ran around and skipped in the basement as he stood there fiddeling a match box with his fingers. The girls both had long blonde hair and blue eyes. One wore a pink dress and one wore a purple dress. They had their shoes off by the door, that was closed. I started loosing my sight but the last thing I saw was the little girls stop and staring at him, then one picking a glove off the ground that he must have dropped. I didn't know he had kids. He was a single man in his 30's I would say. He had a red honda parked in his driveway that needed despretely to be repaved. I walked on to my house and went straight upstairs to start my homework. I looked out my window inbetween questions 4 and 5 on my social studies and saw him walking. Without the little girls. Why would he leave them there alone? He didn't hire a sitter to watch them for 10 minutes while he went on a walk. Did he?