Chapter One

Hey, this is another story that has been playing on my mind for ages. I have always enjoyed this story and this is something different to what I have usually written. I hope you enjoy the story. Below is how I picture Annie.

 Below is how I picture Annie

Chapter One

"Annie!" I swivelled around in my chair, my blonde hair flowing as I whooshed. I smiled, I enjoyed this chair way too much sometimes.

"Yes?" I queried as my assistant ran towards me – well, she tried to run but in the midi, grey skirt she had on and the new heels she bought last week, it wasn't much of one.

"Zoe has just been on the phone. She wanted to confirm your plans for this evening. Are they all okay to go forward?" She sounded tired and her hair was a little more of a mess this morning. She must have made up with her boyfriend last night again.

"Zoe?" I repeated, my eyebrows furrowed. I picked my phone from my red, Chanel bag by my chair and opened the screen. I gulped when I noticed the missed calls. "Oops. I'll give her a call in a moment. I wish she would stop ringing you. We'll have to change the number." I muttered as I hovered my thumb over the number two button. She was my second most important speed dial.

"I don't mind." She waved off. "Zoe is okay."

"How about Luke?" Has he rung?

"Luke? Is he back?" She questioned, her head tilted slightly, her silver earrings glistening in the sunshine from the window behind me.

"Last night." She smiled in response but I knew it was more for my benefit than hers. "Aren't you supposed to keep on top of my schedule?" I teased.

"Well, I didn't know he was due back so early." She retorted and stuck her tongue out. "I'm going to go and swap all of your meetings for this afternoon around. Will you be in tomorrow?"

"What day is tomorrow?"

"Saturday."

"Eurgh, no. If Zoe say's what I think she is going to say then I will be leaving the office at 2pm. You can go as well for the afternoon and I don't want you walking back through those doors until at least 8:30am on Monday morning." I commanded. "Switch off your phone in fact. The last thing you need is me calling you tomorrow night half-cooked asking for a lift home."

"You know I don't mind doing that. It is my job as your assistant."

"You are too good to me. It isn't part of your job though. Enjoy yourself – I can tell you and Dale got back together last night so enjoy him." I winked and ruffled my hair so she caught my drift. I can't believe she came to work without brushing her hair – he must be good.

"How..?" I tapped my nose and then waved her off. I needed to ring Zoe. She is going to kill me with all the missed calls and voicemails she'd left. How had I not heard my phone go off?