Sexy Love

Kate had always been a guarded woman. As a child she would never speak to people she didn’t know, she never ventured out late at night, nor did she catch public transport alone or walk by herself. When she became a teenager she was often left out of group gatherings because she was “difficult”. As a result she left high school with few good friends and a lot of painful memories. She worked as a barmaid and waitress at a local bar. This was supposed to be a temporary thing as she put herself through schooling, said schooling has not yet begun.

She is cautious where most things are concerned but none more so than she is with men. Many times she has been taken for a ride by men when she has let her guard down. She has been celibate for almost eighteen months now.

She headed to work at four o-clock when it was still quiet. Her boss, Carina, insisted that all waitresses wear tight blue shorts and a tight white T. As she says, “waitresses in tight get-up bring in the customers”, she’s not worried about the sexism, and neither are most of the waitresses. Kate thought it was a little primitive but she didn’t complain because she earned a fortune in tips with her appealing figure.

“Quiet today Denise?” Kate put her bag in the office and came out to greet her workmate.

“Just a few regulars in today, pretty damned quiet,” she said.

“Hopefully I’ll get off early then,” Kate replied.

“No chance sweetie, I already talked to Carina about getting off early, I have a date.” Denise winked at Kate.

“Who is it this time?” Denise frequently had a new beau and Kate found it hard to keep up with them.

“Excuse you, but he is a wealthy business man. He owns a nice little restaurant in the city.” She said, turning her nose up.

“How’d you meet him?”

“He came into the bar last month to use the bathroom and I asked him to stay for a beer.”

“So how’d you get him to ask you out?”

“I spilt one of his drinks in his lap,” Denise winked again and Kate sighed.

Of course she got a date by giving him a preview of the night’s progressions, Kate thought. Her night was very uneventful for a few hours, though at eight a rowdy group of men came in after a late football game. Denise left about half an hour later while everything was still busy. Kate was incredibly annoyed at that. When things began to quieten down she noticed a man sitting alone at one of her tables so she finished cleaning her glass and bobbed over there with a smile and her note pad.

“Evening sir, can I get anything for you?” the man turned his head and gave her the old once-over with his eyes. As this was a regular occurrence, Kate acted like she was oblivious.

“I’ll be up at the bar in a moment.” He said in a smooth, deep voice.