prologue

**prologue;

When Louis was a baby, he almost chewed off his tongue. The only thing that stopped him was his hysterical mother, who immediately brought him to the doctor's.

He - the doctor - then told Louis' mum about his condition: congenital insensitivity to pain, or CIP.

Louis could not feel pain. He could've chewed off his tongue and he would not have felt anything.

Later in his life, when he was about seven, he walked home on a broken ankle after he had fallen out of a tree. His mother screamed when he walked in the door and his foot was turned at a ninety degree angle.

He was then brought to the doctor's and fixed with a cast. He was on crutches for three months, but he never felt it when the crutches rubbed harshly under his armpits and left slight rashes.

When Louis was fourteen, he joined the football team. It was a bad decision on his part. His mum didn't want him to do it, but eventually she gave into his pleas.

Louis was quite tiny for his age, making him an excellent target for tackle.

He had to quit after he went to the doctor and they discovered he had two broken ribs - from being tackled too hard.

Now that Louis is nineteen, he knows to be careful. Sometimes, though, things happen. Like recently, he sprained his ankle because he tripped over his own feet. It doesn't help that he's quite clumsy.

Louis goes to the doctor every day, just in case. His doctor, Dr. Archambault, is moving back home to France, and Louis is getting a new doctor.

This new doctor's name is Dr. Cox, and Louis expects it to be awkward, talking with this new doctor every day. What Louis doesn't expect, however, is this doctor's eighteen-year-old son who likes to hang around the clinic, and likes to hang around Louis.

holla it's kate

and just a warning if you didn't see the very apparent 'larry' at the top:

this is a larry stylinson alternate universe fanfiction; its boyxboy and if you don't like that then alright okay goodbye

[editing! all edited chapters will have a * by the chapter. some chapters in which i have edited more than once will have however many stars of however many times i edited them. i am changing the doctor's name from manhattan to archambault (it sounds more french), i'm adding liam in (because omfg i didn't have him in the original), and i'm changing various little things (like harry's age), so beware of that.]