*Sneak Peek*

Her eyes were dead.

She'd recovered from her loss. And now stared at herself in blank wonder. She looked younger, if that was possible. She allowed the servants to brush her hair, and rub oils into her skin. It had grown darker, and rosier. She was the pink of health, though inwardly she felt like she was in hell.

Her memories were clashing inside her warring mind. Pictures of an amusing Talon, versus the memories of his enraged expression and his rough touches. Friendly and cunning, she knew what he was capable of, what all of them were capable of.

As she sat here contemplating, she lifted her chin when hearing her new name called. "Mistress?"

Languidly, she turned her eyes towards the servant girl Fi who lifted a trey of cloth from where she sat on her knees. Two rolls of fabric laid there, a black one and a white one.

"Yes?"

Fi felt a chill at her mistress's expression, she didn't know what Kahlia's mother had done. But whatever it had been, her mistress wasn't the same. Dead eyed, cold voice... nothing remained of the care free woman. As if a false mask had been scraped away, "I-I." She swallowed as her mistresses eyes sharpened on her with a frightening focus. "Which one would our mistress prefer?"

White had always been her mistress preference, matched with soft golds and silvers. She didn't much care for shoes, but the robes were always light and diaphanous.

Bird looked at each roll, her pointer finger brushing along the smooth wood of the armrest. She wasn't truly looking at the fabric but at her life. White, was something that she'd always felt hid lies. Purity, and beauty was a form of weapon, a way to cajole others into trusting a person.

Like Fitzwilliam, with his golden looks and pale skin. Vampire's loved to flaunt their pale skin, as if the whites it was somehow hid the gruesome and darker half of their nature. The lauded damsels with pinked cheeks, and milky skin.

She paused in her brushing, slowly curling her fingers around the edge of the armrest. Her nails digging slightly into the wood. The chamber darkened for a mere second, a cloud wandering beyond its place shaded the luxurious open air chamber long enough for Bird to feel the weight of it upon her skin. A momentary coolness that aligned with the pain she was experiencing.

"...The Black." She said simply, turning her attention back to the mirror, "I believe the black would serve best."

Fi gave a short nod, before rising and moving backwards before turning and heading deeper into the princess chambers to prepare her dress.

**

When Talon first arrived at the palace he expected to approach him at the gate. Surely someone would have noticed their Princess late arrival but it wasn't so apparently.

He still wasn't sure if his move to ask for Kahlia's hand would be accepted, but he would do what he must. He couldn't see himself without her by his side. Entering the through the first chamber, he found his pathway blocked by Dua. The man looked blanked face as usual, and as usually het met Talon's stare with a disgruntled.

"The princess wishes to see you."

Talon blinked, "She does?"

He glanced around seeing no one else, as he'd abandon his entourage at the gates. "...Is it urgent, I am to meet with her father in mere moments."

Dua motioned to a door their right, "She will see you there."

That seemed to be all his was willing to say, and Talon grunted realizing that was all he was going to get. Giving the large warrior an annoyed look, he took a right and pushing the doors entered the room.