~Watched~

It was a pretty average day for Marinette Dupain-Cheng, or at least that what she thought.
Marinette was watching the news and a certain announcement grabbed her attention.

"The wanted criminal Chat Noir was found to have escaped from his cell this morning and the police are currently on the lookout for his whereabouts. As of now, citizens are being asked to stay indoors or not walk alone until this issue is resolved." Announced Ms. Shamack over the TV.

"Chat Noir was in prison being held accountable for multiple cases of murder and assassinations. He is also known to be in a cat-like suit with a mask, tail, and cat ears, which aid him in being silent and cunning, the police weren't surprised that Chat Noir escaped, but they have revealed that they haven't unmasked Chat Noir, so his identity is still unknown, I'm afraid that's all the time we have now but stay tuned for more information about the infamous criminal, Chat Noir,"

Marinette looked at her mother, who was currently housing a look of worry. Her mother turned to Marinette and sighed, "Marinette, dear, would you call up one of your friends to accompany you while you go to the store for me?"

"But Maman the store isn't that far, I can go by myself-"

"Marinette please listen to your mother and get one of your friends to go with you," her father interrupted.

"Ok, fine..." Marinette huffed grabbing her phone and calling up Alya to meet her at the bakery.
On their way from the store Marinette chatted with Alya, (pun intended) about what she heard on the news.

"So what do you think about the Chat Noir incident?" Marinette asked her companion.
"Hmm...I don't really know what to think, besides the fact that I need to protect my best friend!" Alya partially joked.

"Aw, thanks Alya" Marinette giggled. "Anyway do you think that Chat Noir will do us favor and take Chloe?"

"Sorry girl, but I think even a criminal would stay away from her. She'd probably complain too much!"

'Oh you're ruining my hair! Daddy!'

The girls laughed and parted ways, completely oblivious to the fact that a certain cat in black leather was watching Marinette.

"Sweet, sweet Marinette, you're so irresistible to me, I'll cat-ch you later, Purr-incess," a voice chuckled in the darkness.

Marinette turned, but saw nothing. She felt a bit uneasy, but being the bubbly girl she is, she just shrugged it off, and entered her parent's bakery.

'Probably just me being paranoid' she thought.

'Or is it?'