introduction

"Not until we are lost 

Do we begin to understand ourselves." 

--HENRY DAVID THOREAU

⁂ · ⁂  · ⁂

T E A S E R    S U M M A R Y

A road trip that starts it all... again. 

When a fateful tragedy causes Prince Antonio-Joaquin Guerrero to suddenly become the heir to the Spanish throne, he finds himself struggling to escape his own country and his duties. Only Laurel James, an American foreign exchange student, holds the key to his new runaway life. As Antonio's reason for fleeing becomes clear, Laurel finds herself being roped in to the lives of the elite, in a society brimming with lies, deceit, and riches beyond one's wildest dreams. Soon, their partnership quickly turns into a whirlwind romance, one that comes with a high price to pay in a world where everyone is watching. 

⁂ · ⁂ · ⁂

E X T E N D E D     S U M M A R Y 

She was finding a long-lost part of herself.

He was escaping a life he never asked for.

· · · · ·

LAUREL IS LOST IN SPAIN. Having lost her study-abroad scholarship to the University of Madrid, she is struggling to find the means to stay in Spain long enough to find a missing part of her fabricated past: her biological father.

ANTONIO IS LOST IN SPAIN. After a sudden tragedy lands him next in line for the Spanish throne, he is frantic to escape the country and his family, unprepared and unwilling to become the face and leader of a whole nation.

Through fateful circumstances, a royal prince and a commoner forge an unlikely business deal, where an American foreign exchange student is hired to smuggle the Prince of Spain out of his own country. Driving across Spain was difficult enough, but having to hide one of the most high-profile, high maintenance, and highly attractive bachelor princes in all of Europe without killing each other in frustration along the way?

Impossible. 

⁂ · ⁂ · ⁂

C A S T     A E S T H E T I C S 

phoebe tonkin as LAUREL JAMES