-4-

Because all of me, loves all of you
All of your perfect imperfections, all of your --

Meera broke off singing as she heard footsteps. She was practising her song for the class in the music room, in her lunch break. After the Virat Kohli fiasco, she quickly found out that people were willing to go to enormous lengths to hear exactly what they wanted to hear.

Which is the exact opposite of Meera's story.

A head poked in the classroom.

"Hi, do you mind if I practised my piano here?" A girl speaks, Meera nodding.

"Yeah, sure."

"I'm Simran. You're Meera, right?" The girl says after sometime, sitting on the seat.

"Yep, how do you know me?" Meera said, turning around from her notes.

"Well, the Virat Kohli rumour, for one." She grinned as Meera groaned. "Plus, in that party, you kind of barged in when I was... invested, let's say that."

"Oh." Meera said, blushing as she remembered that night. "He's your boyfriend?"

"Nah, fuck buddy is more like that." She giggled. "He's one hot guy though." She sighed. "I wouldn't mind him becoming my boyfriend."

"Ah, one sided love?" Meera grinned.

"You could say that." Simran shrugged. "Tell me something about you!"

"I'm from Hyderabad. That's all, really." Meera said, going back to her notes. "But, I have a question to ask."

"Hmm?" Simran said, seeing her notes.

"Who is Virat Kohli?"

--

"Bro!" Rohit ran towards Virat. "Your girl is fine, dude."

Virat grinned.

"What did I tell you, she's going to be fine." He went back to playing pool.

"Just as long as Anushka doesn't interfere." Rohit completed his sentence with a grin.

"What do you mean?" He turned towards him.

"Aditya says that she knows."

"Fuck!" Virat thundered, storming away to the alcohol cabinet. "How the fuck did that.. that bitch get to know?!"

"Don't know. But can I give a simple solution?" Rohit went towards Virat.

"What?"

"Stay away from Meera. Until her school year is done. Then, fuck with her or fuck her, I don't give two shits." Rohit's words hit hard.

"Why don't you do the same with Ritika?"

"Well, because I don't have a psycho ex girlfriend after me, maybe that's why." Rohit snickered, making Virat look at him with anger in his eyes.

"Okay, no more jokes."

"Better."

--

"Virat Kohli?" Simran said, in a sing-song voice. "You seriously don't know about him?"

"No!" Meera said, exasperated. "They are pairing me up with a guy who frankly doesn't even exist!"

"He exists, Meera. He's just, older to you."

"How old?" Meera furrowed her eyebrows.

"Not that old, he's a year senior to you. That's all." Simran grinned. "He's a fuckboy, honestly. But recently, he's stopped. Don't know why. Maybe it's the impending doom of becoming a CEO?"

"Wait, what?"

"Aare, Kohli Publishing? His family owns that."

"That's a 4000 crore company!" Meera gasped out.

"You do know your numbers, don't you?" Simran grinned. "Well, don't be ashamed to admit it. In fact, even I confess to looking at a man's wealth before even considering to date him." Simran smirked before continuing. "There's something really sexy about a man who can buy you real diamonds with a flick of his wrists."

Meera gulped and then nodded, not wanting to displease her companion.

Simran grinned as she saw that. "So, tell me about your previous lovers! Anybody interesting?"

"I've never really.." Meera shook her head, not wanting to complete the sentence.

"Never?" Simran gasped. "Wow, you're really missing out!"

Meera flinched.

Simran noticed that.

"Are you.. I mean, do you like girls?" Meera's eyes widened to the point of no return. "I mean, it's completely okay if you do!" Simran snickered.

That will be the pinnacle of all jokes surrounding him.

"I'm not. I'm just uncomfortable discussing that in public, if you know what I mean." Meera blushed, making Simran scowl.

Great, another innocent as Thou Virgin Mary.

"Cool, I've got to go. I'm so sorry for disturbing you." Simran walked away, without waiting for a reply.

Virat's future girlfriend had a lot of interesting things to tell. Once you actually got to know her.

And she couldn't wait to tell Virat.

--

"Why are you so mean?" Anushka spoke to him while blushing. It was hard to believe, sure. But he was the kind of guy that could melt the coldest of hearts and make them smile.

Anushka felt like herself again.

"Dude, I'm serious. You have to meet my best friend. She's amazing."

There was just one problem.

He spoke of his best friend like his saviour, his lover. He was so in love with her that he couldn't see anyone else as his girlfriend, making Anushka wish that she could just stab that so called best friend if it meant that he would be hers. Honestly, nothing ever seemed to go her way.

Virat never even thought about her and he always thought of her as his friend.

"Yes, sure. I'll meet her. Where and what time?" She cleared her throat.

"Yes, okay. At 5pm tomorrow?" The voice crackled on the other end. "I know that you both will love each other."

"Chal okay. Bye Hardik." She sighed out.

"Bye, Nushki!"

I honestly would have published this chapter a lot faster but my fingers were swollen all week. It looked like mozzarella sticks, I kid you not😂😂.