-6-

"So, how was dinner?" Simran asked as Meera as she walked in the school.

"It was fine. How do you know about the dinner?" Meera asked, surprised. She didn't remember telling anyone about the dinner. She didn't have any friends to gossip with, except Hardik.

"Well, I happen to know the person you were supposed to meet." Simran said. "She had some urgent work that popped up at the last minute - you know how it is."

Meera smiled.

"I told Hardik not to worry. I had a feeling that she was just stuck." She replied, the bell ringing as she finished her sentence.

"Well, bye." Simran said before Meera could and rushed towards her class.

"Bye." Meera replied in a soft voice, watching her go.

--

"Boy, I'm so excited for PE." Hardik grinned. "Any sport that you're good at?"

"Basketball." She nodded with a confident smile. "What about you?"

"Cricket!" He jumped and clapped his hands with such vigour that compelled Meera to lean backwards in order to not get hit by him. "I want to be in the national team someday."

"Well, you never know." She smiled at him as the teacher blew the whistle.

"Okay, class!" The teacher blew the whistle, causing us to stand in a line.

"So, welcome to your first PE class." He grinned. "I'm Manish Chadha, but it's Manish Sir to you guys, cool?"

"Yes sir." We all shouted back with enthusiasm.

"Great. Since it's the first class, you can play whatever you want to play - provided that you pack up five minutes before the bell rings. Beware, you don't pack up - the next class you'll be doing jumping jacks, are we clear?!" He shouted the last part - making us all jump and shout out a response.

"Good, shoo." He waved at us, making us laugh before going to pick up the equipment.

"I'm going to play cricket with the rest of the guys, I'm guessing you'll play basketball?" Hardik swung his arms around Meera's neck, putting her in a loose head lock.

"Yep, now let me get the basketball." Meera freed herself out of his grip and walked to the ball pit - grabbing the ball before anyone else could.

Turns out, it wasn't necessary. Most of the girls had gone to play throwball and badminton, leaving only Meera shooting hoops.

"Mind if I join?" A deep voice startled her. She turned around -

- only to be met by the most handsome man in the world, according to her.

He had piercing brown eyes and a jawline to die for. His hair was perfectly messed up (if that was even a word?) and his uniform perfectly crumpled. His tie hung a little lower than where it was supposed to be, showing the promises of a chiseled chest.

"Done staring?" He spoke again with a smirk, shaking Meera out of her wandering thoughts.

"Uh?" She looked to him with a questioning gaze. He smirked again.

"Mind if I join?"

"Sure, no problem."

--

"Mayday, Mayday!" Jai slapped Hardik's back. Seeing the lack of response, he said the same thing, but louder.

He didn't answer.

Jai followed his line of sight to where Meera and an unknown guy was playing basketball. Suddenly he understood.

This chutiya had a crush on the mute.

Hah!

"Abey, saale!" Jai shouted at him, making him jerk his head towards him. "Ja, usse baath kar."

"Huh?" Hardik was confused.

"Go talk to the chick, dude!" He slapped his back, Hardik wincing. "Save her from the villain!" He said, mocking Superman.

"I don't understand."

"Clearly, you dumb fuck. I'm saying, get your ass up and talk to Meera before this guy steals her. Look at her, she's hooked!"

Hardik looked to where he was pointing. It was true, Meera was laughing off to glory while she and the guy played basketball - and it was unexpectedly painful (he didn't know why, maybe it was something in the cafeteria food).

"Jaa!" Jai laughed. "Or be a chicken, no one cares." He walked away, interrupting the ongoing cricket match to stand and field.

Jai was right. Hardik should go.

"Hai, meri gaand phatne wali hai." He whispered to himself and then looked up to the ceiling. "Jai mata di."

--

"So, beautiful." Virat smirked. "How did you learn to play such good basketball?"

Meera blushed and then chided herself. God dammit, you aren't supposed to!

"At my previous school." She said, looking away from him.

"Ahem, ahem." A voice spoke from behind, making Meera loose her concentration and the ball landed beside the hoop.

"Hardik!" She gasped on seeing him. She didn't know whether to be angry or sad at him. She wanted to spend more time with Virat but at the same time, she was afraid that within an hour of meeting him, she wanted to spend time with him. She was perplexed at her feelings. Maybe it was best that Hardik came to distract them.

"It's time to pack up, Meera." He said to her and then nodded at Virat, who just looked on at the proceedings. Neither of them knew this but Virat was carefully noticing every little thing that Hardik did. It was obvious to him - he was competition. But how big of a competition was he?

"It's the end of the class?" Meera spoke. "Well, I guess I'll see you later." She addressed Virat, making Hardik frown.

"Yep, okay beautiful." Virat said, more so for Hardik's reaction. "I'll catch you."

He turned around and walked out of the hall.

--

"So, who's the new girl you're messing with?" Anushka asked as Virat took a bite of the biryani. He looked at her with a smirk.

"Not even 24 hours into your old self and you've already done your research? Not bad." He nodded at her. At her further inquisitive gaze, he relented.

"New girl. Meera Dhavani." He said, eating a bite.

"Is she pretty?"

"Not more than you."

Hi hi hi hi.

Yes, i'm being weird with the updates. But, I have a reason😁

I JUST TURNED 18! YAS.

So I had a smol celebration - technically we were celebrating two things, one being my b-day and the other being that I got an MBBS seat😄😄

So, as of today - I'm officially a first year MBBS student at SRM University.

Tadaaaaaaa!

Tomorrow they're going to be showing us the hospital and I'm so fucking excited like waaaah😋😋😍
This was a filler chapter - it wasn't even upto my standards but I needed to update for my pretty pretty readers💛

Okay, bai💛