NCIS:LA fanfiction

Yah, I know, another story... Dunno.. I'm just not motivated and have no ending yet.

This is another NCIS:LA story...I don't own anything

~~~~~~~~~<<<~~~~~~~>>>~~~~~~~~~

Deeks, Callen, and Sam sat silently at thier respective desks. The silence was heavy. Oppressive. Unnatural. They were all contemplating the past couple of days and wondering what today would hold. Most notably, a new agent was joining the team to replace the now deceased Dom.

"I can't believe that Hetty didn't even give us a name." comained Deeks. "Or age. Prior work history."

"I think she does the whole mysterious thing on purpose." shrugged Sam. He was anxious too, not wanting to get some old guy, but not wanting to get another newbie.

They lapsed into silence again, half-heartedly typing up case reports. They all had a different version of who they thought would come walking through the doors. But no one was expecting who did.

~~~~~~~~<<<~~~>>>~~~~~~~~

Kensie Blye hesitated at the doors of the building. It sure didn't look like a federal agency, but she knew it was supposed to be a secret. With that in mind, she hused through the doors, not wanting to be seen hanging around.

She wasn't scared of this new job though. Nothing scared her now. She had just transferred from the CIA, where she was a part of a special team, a hit team. She was a killing machine herself, terminating enemies of the USA that couldn't be reached normally. She transferred here because her dad was a marine, and she felt closer to him here.

Also, a change of scenery would be nice, especially after her team sacrificed her to complete their mission last time. She had managed to fight her way out, but she could no longer trust them.

As she walked through the doors of the office, she looked around. Everyone was hustling around, walking talking taking stairs up and down. She didn't fancy herself an investigator, yet, but she felt like the team in the far corner was hers. They were an odd number and needed one more, she assumed, and were sitting silently.

She approached the one with an air of authority about him. He had short blonde hair and ice blue eyes.

"I'm looking for special agent Callen." she said. "I'm his new team member."

~~~~~<<<~~~~~~~>>>~~~~~~~~

Deeks and Sam eagerly walked around their desks to lean on Callen's as he stood up Nd extended his hand to the gorgeous woman.

"You've found him. I'm special agent G Callen." she shook his hand and nodded. "This is special agent Sam Hanna." she returned the huge mans handshake with equal force. "LAPD liaison Marty Deeks." she shook his hand and raised an eyebrow as he winked.

"Pleasure to meet you." she said with enouht enough sincerity but not enough emotion. Callen ignored it and gestured to the desk next to his own.

"This is yours." he picked up a spare gun, "and this is yours.". She set her bag on the desk, but eyed the gun warily.

Deeks smiled at her apprehension, "Never handled a gun before?"

With complete honesty she said, "Never one so weak. Can I not keep my own?" everyone looked at her strangely.

"These aren't what they seem." sam assured her, "I used to be a SEAL and these pack a punch." she nodded and took the gun.

"And no, you can't keep your own. When you shoot people, other people ask questions, and it's better to have a government issued gun on you." clarified Callen.Kensi nodded seeing the logic. An awkward silence fell over them as Kensi clipped the gun to her belt.

"What now?" she asked.

"Well... You know the job... We don't have a case-" a loud whistle interrupted him from upstairs. Kensi whirled around and drew her gun, not used to the noise.

"Woah! Easy there, Tiger." chuckled Deeks as he grabbed her arm, pushing the gun away from an extremely scared Eric. "Nothing to be scared of, just an alert that we have a case.". Sam and Callen were staring at her, slightly scared and impressed with her reaction.

"Sorry."

"Don't worry about it. He scares me too." Sam assured her, walking up the steps to Eric. Kensi obediently followed, slowly holstering her gun. Deeks and Callen exchanged glances before following. Sam was givin her the shpeil up the stairs.

"You're a special agent now, an under cover one. Never developed habits, routines. Change your route to and from work. Don't get coffee at the same shop every day. Never leave the same exit of your house eveyone day. That's how our last agent died. Developed a routine.". Kensi nodded.

"I've been on ops before." she informed him. "I assure you that I can handle that.".

He held the door to ops open for her, "Where did you work before here?" he inquired, curious of her past.

"The CIA Mr. Hanna," answered Hetty for her. "But she is one of us now." Sam nodded. Deeks and Callen walked into the room just as Hetty began speaking.

"A petty officer was found dead in his own home last night. Petty officer David Gettar." she gestured to the picture on the huge screen. "Another team was investigating the case and found evidence that he was planning on smuggling weapons off the base armory and to terrorists. The deed was not done, yet. There is still a chance to capture the terrorists."

"Sam, you get to play dress-up this week." smirked Callen. You look just like Gettar.". Hetty smiled warmmly at her agents.

"Play nice."

~~~~~~~~~<<<~~~>>>~~~~~~~~~