-8-

"Never let me down, okay?" He spoke to her with the sweetest smile on his face, the most beautiful expression ever.

"Never." She promised. "I'll love you forever."

"Meera!"

The class snickered as she came out of her daydream, the teacher's angry face looking at her.

"Ma'am." She stood up, facing her.

"This is the third time in a week that you're not paying attention to me. Is my class that boring?"

In front of her, Hardik nodded yes.

A smile almost broke out.

"No, ma'am. I promise this won't happen again."

"It better not. Sit down." The teacher turned her back on the class. Taking the opportunity, Hardik turned around to see her.

"Dude, who are you daydreaming about?"

Meera sighed.

"Don't worry about it."

--

"Chill, will you?" Simran said to Shruti, shrugging. "I need Anushka to be out. That means I need Meera to fucking play the game. The thing is, she's too innocent. Good thing, she's got me."

Shruti looked at her with a doe eyed expression.

Simran laughed.

"I can practically see the question in your eyes." She grinned. "Chill, once Anushka's out, I'll divert her attention to Hardik. He's a sweet boy, really. Which makes me wonder all the bloody time, why's she wasting time on Vee when she can easily get the cutie." She sighed.

"Don't.. don't you think it's a bit too much?" Shruti hesitantly asked. "Playing with feelings?"

"I lost Jasprit." Simran looked at her through the mirror as she applied the nude colour to her lips. "Anushka didn't think of my feelings when she did that."

Simran wisely kept her mouth shut. How could she say anything, when she wasn't accepting the fact in front of her.

It wasn't only Anushka.

It was Anushka and Virat.

--

Virat grinned as he looked at her playing basketball. Little did he know, there was somebody seeing his every movement.

Gia (😂) jumped from the bleachers and put an arm around him, effectively scaring him.

"What the - Gia!" Virat laughed. He hugged her tightly, smelling her passion fruit scented hair, briefly reminding him of home. "When did you come back from vacations?"

"Just yesterday." She grinned. "I wanted to give you a surprise."

"Aare, I would have picked you up for school then!" Virat laughed, a full blown laugh that got the attention of everyone around. The others went back to playing when they saw them together. But a pair of eyes still remained on them - watching.

"Bro, don't." Gia laughed. "I can take the bus. Enough about me, how's Anushka? Still going strong?"

Virat didn't know how to respond to that. In that moment, he felt sad. Was his life so complicated, that he couldn't even explain to his honorary sister his current relationship status? She didn't know about anything - the sick games that he and Anushka played, his latest catch - Meera. In fact, he had warned the entire student body to not speak a word of this to anybody. His Gia would stay as she was.