Simply Complicated:00:

Emaleigh's POV:

May 26th, 2008
North East High School

I was sitting in class staring at the clock, watching that longer hand tick with every second.

God, if the bell would just ring already. That would be awesome...

I hated math - and unfortunately that was the class I was stuck in right now.

I mean honestly, half of this stuff I'm not going to use in my life- it makes no sense to learn it.

This isn't everyday math, this is like Einstein crap. Einstein crap that I should probably absorb if I want to make it into nursing school one day.

And yes - I got a B in math, I'd love an A, but that probably wouldn't happen...and I've accepted that.

I'm not a straight A student, but I tried hard enough and that's ok.

As soon as the bell rang I ran out to my locker shoved my math book in and grabbed my biology book.

Biology is your favorite, so this class shouldn't be that bad.

I met Avery and headed up the stairs, passing through the familiar faces of every other 8th grader in this place.

Avery has been my best friend since elementary school. We did just about everything together, and I have yet to get sick of her. We had sleep over at least once a month, I'm sure some of the clothes in my closet belong to her, and the same goes for my stuff in her's

I had other friends, but I didn't click with everyone else the way I did with her.

When I was about to take the last step I tripped a little up the stairs, which honestly didn't surprise me, but luckily, Avery caught my arm so I didn't make a complete idiot out of myself.

Wow.

I could feel my cheeks heating up from embarrassment anyways.

I looked up, hearing a few snickers and met Molly's gaze.

Molly is probably the most popular girl in school. She'd be the future Homecoming Queen, Prom Queen - you name it.

But she wasn't popular because of how nice she is.

She was popular because she's the Queen Bitch and no one wanted to mess with her.

"Maybe you should watch where you going next time. You're holding everyone up." She stood there with both of her books - and of course her little posse behind her.

"Then why are you still here?" I asked, clutching my books to my chest and tucked back my hair.

"Because I find enjoyment in you humiliating yourself."

And then she walked away.

"Bitch" Avery mumbled, looking over at Molly as she pulled me to walk with her again to class.

Yup, my life. Typical.

"Are you ok?" Avery asked, raising her eyebrow at my quietness.

"I'm fine." I said, looking around to see if anyone was still watching me. "Let's just get to class, before Mr. Walls gets mad."

We scattered down the hall, taking our seats and I slumped, seeing some people whispering and looking at me.

About what? Who knows. Probably something that Molly had said about me.