TEN

Spencer touched the lush sheets beneath her fingers, as she gently brushed the loose and recently cut ringlets from Amedeo's face

        Spencer touched the lush sheets beneath her fingers, as she gently brushed the loose and recently cut ringlets from Amedeo's face. She woke in the middle of the night and studied his features.

His beard trimmed, and lips were full as they parted. His large muscular arm reached out for her and she placed a pillow in her place. He held on and wrapped his arm around it, she knew that wouldn't work for long, he would try to rub her skin and once he felt cotton he would wake.

But she needed a moment to think.

Spencer stood by the window and peeked outside to see the armed guard walking the estate.

She knew that if she went down the hall 4 more would be there.

Amedeo's paranoia was often palpable. Maybe it was just because she knew him.

That is what confuses her the most, she learned to read Amedeo like the back of her own hand. How did he lie to her so convincingly?

Spencer acknowledges she was never looking for him to lie. Love blinds you. It blinded her mother. And it blinded her. But it would end with Spencer.

Spencer loved Amedeo and Amedeo loved her. But the girl he first loved doesn't exist anymore, she was tortured and killed. And the man she first loved was a figment of her imagination. But there is something about love that no one tells you. Many describe it as volatile, indispualtably fickle and you love them one day; hate them the next. Love is actually a terrible choice. She hates how the web of lies Amedeo strung created the destruction that led to their baby dying and many others lives being destroyed.

Nothing would ever be taken from her again. Many think that organizations are run by the man. He may be the face of it all but their women are running the show, orchestrating and conducting a show they don't even know about. Keeping them well-fed, well fucked, and telling them to  think with their minds instead of their fists. Men call women emotional and uncontrollable but their first reaction to many things is anger.

There is something so empowering about a man who is  a leader, overbearingly dominant, stubborn, and very name being feared upon saying, groveling on his knees for her.

Spencer didn't want to see it before, but he bared the very thing she was demanding for, in her own anger she didn't realize. By baring his heart to her she holds it her hand and she tells it when to beat. Spencer finally us Allowing herself to see what she is. His weakness, but that makes her strong.

The woman he needed didn't exist before that night. But she's here now, and she wants blood.

Spencer loved Amedeo but liking him was debatable.