1

Sometimes silence is loud. The moonlight glowed on the dark, night grass as I tried to recover from my early hangover. I walked alongside the drunk dancers and loud music as I tried to find my way into a bathroom. Slowly, I made it and listened as girls gossiped and lyrics were being shouted aloud. I splashed my face and sighed. A woman that looked to be about 18 tapped on my shoulder.

  "Hey." She said, almost falling over completely. 

  "Can I help you?" I asked, helping her up.

  "There's some guy out th...there that wants to.... wants to talk to you." The girl said.

  I shook my head and rushed out. Could it be? Could it be that Austin got my text about how I feel? Does he feel the same?

  I waited outside for him to show up. Withend seconds, he was approaching me. He walked up smoothly, his hand in his pockets and his shoulders relaxed. He flashed and quick smirk and ran his fingers through his hair as the moonlight hit his dark grey eyes. He didn't look nervous at all.

"You look stunning tonight." He said softly. His voice was low and dragged. I liked it.

  "Thanks."I replied.

  He smiled and tilted his head. "You wanna go for a walk. I got a couple questions for you." He said.

  I nodded and held his hand as we left the loud partying ground and along the long bridge rails above the giant, dark blue lake. The streetlights lit up the road as passing cars rode by and dogs howled. I felt a little cold, so Austin put his arms around me.

  "I guess I don't really know what to say." Austin whispered as we walked.

  I kept quiet.

  "When I saw what you sent me I was speechless. I thought wow you know? All this time my crush liked me. Why didn't I just ask you out. Why did I doubt myself? I guess all I can say is I'm sorry." Austin said.

He didn't look directly at me, but I could tell he wanted to. We stopped walking and stood in front of each other. A awkward silence washed over our heads.

  "It's not your fault. I didn't say anything either. I thought that you wouldn't like me. I did it because I had given up on hoping that you would come to me. I came to you." I answered.

  "I'm glad you did. I always admired you, Tally." Austin said.

  He pulled me in close for a hug.

  "I don't know what I'll do if we didn't find each other all these years. I thought I'll never see you again." Austin whispered softly as we hugged.

  "I'm glad you came back to see me." I replied.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

  That night ended with a long kiss. It seemed to last forever as he held me tightly in his buff arms. I never wanted to let him go again.