CHAPTER FIVE

___

"I greet you again, young miss." The butler whom I've met earlier when I went to the dining table with Lilac greeted me with a polite smile.

My composed demeanor didn't waver. This expression and personality may not fit an 8 year old kid like me, but I'm different.

I don't think I have to act childish when it's common knowledge to this family that for someone like me, who have such incredible large mana and potential of becoming a mage, would be able to mature properly and earlier than the rest.

Is that why everyone is ridiculing me?

The butler prepared my seat as he pulled out the chair for me, so I took my sit. "Thank you." I still have conscience and manners left even in this vile world, and the butler smiled.

"It is my duty, young miss."

I only gave him a nod, before turning infront to see Lilac sipping into his mint tea as if it was a normal day today. He never uttered a single word as I observed the glass table filled with sweets, fruits, and one tea cup. My forehead creased.

It won't be my fault if these foods being poisoned had crossed my mind, would it?

Not knowing what to do, I stared at Lilac, my diamond eyes not gazing away from his ignorant lilac purple eyes. But alas, my desperation for attention worked!

Looking up to me, he put down his cup and crossed his fingers. "What is it?"

"...why are we here?" I asked carefully, not wanting to anger him. He's strong for his age, I don't think I can do anything against him at the moment. The eerie silence is suffocating too.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Do you prefer outside?"

I sweat-dropped. "Uh, isn't this already...outside?"

"Outside the mansion."

I sealed my lips awkwardly. So that's what he meant. He gave me a look as if he wants to hear my answer, and so I shook my head quickly. "I'm fine here."

"Then be it." He responded bluntly, sipping into his mint tea again. I sulked as I stared at the sweets suspiciously, this is all too good to be true. Did he really just call me here to have tea party with him?

He seems to have noticed that I'm not yet eating anything from the prepared sweets on the table, and so he spoke. "What are you waiting for? It's all yours."

I blinked, my eyes widened a fraction. All these are for me?!

 All these are for me?!